Anyways…

1 Like

Irregardless…

1 Like

6 Likes

I believe the thread title is wrong. It should be:

Thread to mock and entertain ourselves with other’s grammar

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be “others’ grammar”? We’re mocking more than one person’s grammar, right?

2 Likes

But it’s done one at a time

On topic for this thread.

2 Likes

I’ve been training my whole life for this thread.

6 Likes

Eh. I’d prefer to keep it to The grammar of “People with the responsibility of communicating news/ideas/opinions in proper English, so as to provide information.”
The rubes don’t need their grammars (like “maths”) corrected. They’ll never learn, and some will even pride themselves on saying things incorrectly.

up dated.

That will certainly be the focus of this thread. If I started posting everything I read on Nextdoor, well, I’d be the #1 GoA poster in no time.

Eh, I think it depends on the level of error.

Yeah, a random it’s vs its error by a HS acquaintance on Facebook or a neighbor on Nextdoor isn’t particularly noteworthy. But if someone posts something like “I’d rather be pissed off then pissed on” then I think this is exactly the thread for that.

2 Likes

I believe that last sentence was written in the pissed tense, no?

1 Like

I’d rather be pissed off then on than on then off.

2 Likes

Not poor grammar, but I just got a home-designed invitation that had in the background “definately come to this party!” and it’s making my eyes hurt.

1 Like

You should defiantly go to that party.

3 Likes

2 Likes

There’s a theme and we’re supposed to dress accordingly, so I could defiantly wear something different.

But in actuality I really like the host of the party so I will go, dress according to the theme, and keep my mouth shut about the spelling error.

1 Like