Meng Wanzhou

I don’t know why Canada got into this mess. I guess Trudeau wanted show the world how a good little donkey pleases his master. It appears extradition case is crumbling!

The extradition case against Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou is premised on the allegation that Meng fraudulently misled HSBC Bank about the Chinese telecom giant’s ownership ties to Skycom, a company doing business in Iran, contrary to U.S. sanctions.

However, new evidence submitted to the British Columbia Supreme Court by the defence, based on internal HSBC documents, claims that the U.S. government’s narrative is “manifestly unreliable.”

Associate Chief Justice of B.C. Supreme Court Heather Holmes has to decide whether the evidence is admissible and, if it is, Justice Minister David Lametti should take another look at this case and decide whether he should withdraw his authority to proceed. For those who argue that this would be interfering in the judicial process, it should be pointed out it is entirely legitimate for the attorney general to do so.

Canada should use the new evidence as an opportunity to open talks with the Chinese government about the fate of two detained Canadians, Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig.

Apple news (National Post)

Have you considered a “Secondlife News” post in Political to keep all of these items in one place? It would make your life so much very better.

3 Likes

I think the real problem here is with how lax Canada’s extradition procedures are. Look up Hassan Diab. Canada allows extradition far to readily.

Well, duh.

Or, a private group.
Or, a blog far away.

Yes, this site has so much traffic so many posters, so many intellectually stimulating political discussions…