March Madness 2021 (a.k.a the annual Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament)

I tend to eat when I get nervous…:shutters:

Bagh! I’d already submitted before this!

:doughnut: :doughnut:
:coffee:

Laser focused. All on the line here. Looking to turn this LivelySedative into a DeadlySedative. Though after saying that it sounds like that might be bad for me. Hmmm. Well, no going back now.

Throws submitted.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

I’ve got a lot of money riding on this outcome

Here it is, Game 5, and MayanActuary has a chance to claim the crown.

(Or put another way, we’re in :oh_noes: land now… but will be stay there?)

You know that MayanActuary was hoping for a 2-2 score after the last game…

… was there a reason for that? Who knows?

Perhaps MayanActuary does, since we’re still in :oh_noes: land, for one last time this tournament!!

The tournament’s not over yet!! :party:

Final Four!!

All matches will be Best of 7

ALivelySed defeats MayanActry in Game 5, MayanActry leads (3-2)
P ALivelySed
R MayanActry

ALivelySed  4 ---- ALivelySed  2
ao_fan      3

MayanActry  4 ---- MayanActry  3
Doctor_Who  2

Key: * indicates throws submitted; # indicates throws need to be turned in or you will be booted

It could be two more times, right? Or do you have something else for the final match of the finals…the “this is for all the marbles”-match?

:popcorn:

Just so everyone knows ADeadlySedative is worse than ALivelySedative.

BUT silver lining is I was in this position against Doctor Who, so now I just have to pull up that proof and follow it to get the victory.

At least it’s an interesting final!

Very much so! I’m nervous about this match!

:ice_cube::ice_cube::ice_cube:
:ice_cube::champagne: :ice_cube:
:ice_cube::ice_cube::ice_cube:

The sheep are starting to wake from their slumber…

I’ve been using :oh_noes: when one person is on the verge of being eliminated by one throw, and then using :popcorn: when either person could be eliminated on the next throw (i.e., the last possible final game, in this case if there’s a Game 7 of the series to be played).

So once we’re at 3-2, it’s :oh_noes: status, and after the next game we’ll either be done, or we’ll be have the biggest :popcorn: game we could possibly ask for!

So where did we end up?

:drum: :drum: :drum:

Put away the :popcorn:, we’ve got our champion!! Congrats, MayanActuary!!!

:party: :party: :party:

Final Four!!

All matches will be Best of 7

MayanActry defeats ALivelySed in Game 6, MayanActry wins (4-2)
S ALivelySed
R MayanActry

ALivelySed  4 ---- ALivelySed  2
ao_fan      3

MayanActry  4 ---- MayanActry  4 ---- **CHAMPION**
Doctor_Who  2

Key: * indicates throws submitted; # indicates throws need to be turned in or you will be booted

1 Like

GG! 'Til next year! My region’s gonna pwn!

3 Likes

Good game @ALivelySedative ! You put up a tough match!

This moment is one I dreamed about since I first watched the RPS tournament live on ESPN and listened to their strategies (true story, here’s the final on youtube here, but the leadup to the final was amazing. One guy even had a cape on. 2007 USARPS Title Match - YouTube)

I’d like to thank my competitors for their strong challenges and helping to hone my skills. @Whiskey for beating me last year and making me re-think my commitment to scissors. And most of all @UltimateAnyone for hosting such an amazing game.

What am I going to do now that I won you ask? Why, I’m going to DisneyWorld!

3 Likes

Oh, wow! What a finish! What a tournament! Congratulations to all Final Four participants. Big Time Congratulations to the finalists. Super Extra Big Time Redundant Congratulations to MayanActuary on an excellent game plan and, especially, execution throughout the tournament. You, truly, are a champion for the ages.

…now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m a bit bloated from all of those snacks I’ve been eating.

1 Like

Congrats MA!

1 Like

Big time win by a big time player

I knew I was stuck between a rock and a hard place when I saw his name on my opponent sheet.

1 Like