March Madness 2021 (a.k.a the annual Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament)

GG! 'Til next year! My region’s gonna pwn!

3 Likes

Good game @ALivelySedative ! You put up a tough match!

This moment is one I dreamed about since I first watched the RPS tournament live on ESPN and listened to their strategies (true story, here’s the final on youtube here, but the leadup to the final was amazing. One guy even had a cape on. 2007 USARPS Title Match - YouTube)

I’d like to thank my competitors for their strong challenges and helping to hone my skills. @Whiskey for beating me last year and making me re-think my commitment to scissors. And most of all @UltimateAnyone for hosting such an amazing game.

What am I going to do now that I won you ask? Why, I’m going to DisneyWorld!

3 Likes

Oh, wow! What a finish! What a tournament! Congratulations to all Final Four participants. Big Time Congratulations to the finalists. Super Extra Big Time Redundant Congratulations to MayanActuary on an excellent game plan and, especially, execution throughout the tournament. You, truly, are a champion for the ages.

…now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m a bit bloated from all of those snacks I’ve been eating.

1 Like

Congrats MA!

1 Like

Big time win by a big time player

I knew I was stuck between a rock and a hard place when I saw his name on my opponent sheet.

1 Like

Are you looking for more fun in your life?!?!?!

Come join the inaugural GoA Sheep Game!!!

The more participants there are the more fun it is.

4 Likes

congrats MA! this is the first time i actually paid attention after losing myself.

2 Likes

Thanks for the game UA!

1 Like

Thanks UA!

Oh, and thanks, UA?, for another great tournament!

:iatp:

:iatp:

Good game, MA. It takes a lot to win this.

Thanks UA for hosting.

Thanks for reviving the RPS here @UltimateAnyone !

1 Like

Now that we’ve crowned our RPS champ for this year, it’s time to formally wrap things up.

First of all, let’s recognize the other members of this year’s Final Four: our runner-up ALivelySedative, and semi-finalists ao_fan and Doctor_Who - it was a great run by the three of you, and to recognize your accomplishments you will all have regions named after you in next year’s game! :clap: :clap:

Next, once again let’s congratulate the 2021 RPS Champion, MayanActuary!!

:party: :party:

MayanActuary, you made a great run through the tournament, and definitely learned from your prior experiences, and (I believe) have become the first region titleholder that then went on to win the tournament! Congratulations, and may you enjoy all the rights, responsibilities, and privileges of the RPS Crown! :crown: :clap: :clap:

And finally, and most importantly, thanks to everyone who participated this year, both as players in the tournament as well as the participants in this thread. You all are what makes this RPS tournament worth putting on. I was pleasantly surprised when folks started asking if we were going to renew the tradition here on GoActuary. I’m glad y’all talked me into it, and were patient with me as I slowly figured out things here. :older_man: Hopefully next year we can have an even fuller tournament! Again, thank you all!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

… and with that, the 2021 RPS tournament is officially over (and we finished by the end of April - woo hoo! :+1: )! Happy Friday, and enjoy the rest of your day!

7 Likes

Thanks for running this, UA

It was fun! Thanks UA.

1 Like

(Just a friendly :bump: here…)

4 Likes

NI!

I mean NI!!