Making the Bed

Jeans, I don’t wash them till they stink. Sometimes during the winter that can be double digit days of wear.

1 Like

These days (wfh), I’m barely ever wearing my jeans. They are my go-out-somewhere-ok-nice pants, so Fridays, some Saturdays. Wearing sweats (or shorts when the weather permits) around the house and to the grocery store.
So, months at a time. Now, if I wear them for 10 hours in one day, yeah, into the wash. I have a second pair of jeans if necessary. I also have older jeans for working physical labor.
Need to break out my biz-caz wear more often, though, for nicer outings.

Anywho, just timed myself making the bed: minute and a half. It is king-sized, with three layers, cuz cold! Gets into the 60’s here!

1 Like

Speaking of enjoying things looking tidy, I’m far more anal about keeping my work desk organized than making my bed look tidy.

I may be working up to that. For now, two days.

1 Like

I wash them a little before that. But only a little. If I’m just sitting on my ass at the desk, i might wear the same pair for a week. If i do any manual labor I’ll probably put them in the laundry.

1 Like

STOP IT WITH THIS BAD GRAMMAR

1 Like

hotel ready. of course, when you have 8 pillows like I do, it’s a chore

Ok, more important question: How often do you wash your bras?

Underwire bras, like 3 or 4 wears, they lift and separate enough that there is no swampy action.

Sports bras and bralettes, after each wear. I have a lot.

1 Like

I certainly don’t make the bed as nice as at a hotel. The sheets and blankets dangle, we have a sleep number and it’s really deep, not even sure my quilts would reach on the sides. But I fold the top down, assemble the pillows nicely, and smooth it all out.

I don’t do underwires, and don’t understand the taxonomy of bras. I wash my bras after 3-4 wears, unless i have been very sweaty, in which case they go in the laundry.

Do you sleep in your underwear? Need to air out those parts.

Showering is before bed.

1 Like

Yeah, never really been a fan of naked sleeping.

Spouse made me a tan of naked sleeping. Showering before bed makes a difference.

abracada-bra - GIF on Imgur

2 Likes

I spend about 15 seconds making the bed. I need to verify the sheet tuck is still in place at some point before going to bed, and doing that early also keeps the pets out of the bed if they sneak in during the day (we keep the door closed generally) and provides a place to fold laundry.

It is an 80/20 rule level of effort.