Making the Bed

wait what in the what now

Note the parenthetical comment in my post.

1 Like

honestly, a recliner is probably better for me as I have reflux issues

One interesting side effect of regularly making the bed that I didn’t expect: we are much more diligent about changing the sheets every 5-7 days rather than every two weeks. Keeping a nice space feeling nice, I suppose.

Multiple health issues compelled my wife to sleep in her recliner. So bed-making is all up to me. :slight_smile:

Curious as to what is meant by “make up the bed” . . .

I’ll pull up and straighten the sheet and covers as this makes it nicer when getting back into it later on.

I don’t bother to tuck in the “sides” though (which would be the expectation in the military; especially for an inspection).

2 Likes

I’ve come around to making the blanket and sheets square every morning (but not tucking since I dislike the tuck anyway).

At one point I was only going in the bedroom to sleep so I didn’t benefit from tidy effect.

dogs lay on the bed a lot. Id rather they lay on the top of the comforter rather than right on the sheets where I lay.

also, it takes 10 seconds and makes the room look nicer. are adults really not making their bed in the morning?

Mostly, never. At least, me. Not a priority.
My spouse makes the bed every morning and has our entire marriage. Bed gets made then about 18 fancy pillows and then some type of offsetting colour throw draped elegantly across the one corner. Nobody (i.e. me) got time for that.

I do make the bed in one circumstance. If my spouse is (very rarely) away overnight or longer, then on the day that they return, I make the bed just so they’re not coming back to a messy house. But when they’re gone, nope, bed doesn’t get made. I sleep fine at night.

I might make it if it was just me all the time, because it looks OK. But I wouldn’t be creating a work of colour-matching art every morning like what happens now.

1 Like

Yeah I made the mistake of buying one at Ikea once. That was a whole afternoon of swearing while making that bed.

but your bed is being made by some one. its not just laying there amess all day.

Do I sometimes straighten out the quilt to give myself a clear space to fold my laundry? Yes. Do I actually make the bed? Nope, not unless I’m putting on clean sheets. Does it make me feel warm and fuzzy to see a neatly made bed? Nope.

2 Likes

i dont make it look great. but I shake out the blanket and sheet a little and lay it down straight.

It always takes me several minutes. Mr aj can kind of lift up the sheet and get air under it and have it land right. I don’t seem to have his technique so I have to pull it here and then run around to the other side and adjust there. x3 since I have to do that with the sheet, blanket, and bedspread.

I have other things to do with my morning. But you do you.

It doesn’t take me very long, I just usually don’t care.

3 Likes

same here. but my version of “made bed” that doesn’t take me long is not usually acceptable to my spouse. so i just leave it and allow it to be done her way.

My spouse only makes the bed when he’s preparing for a house guest. I can’t remember the last time he made our bed. So I guess he’s okay with what i do.

Prior to transitioning, I never made the bed. Post transitioning, I make it essentially every day. It’s one of the ways in which I’m trying to be more organized and take more pride and satisfaction from day to day things in life. Plus I like leaving my BlĂ„haj a cozy place to hang out during the day.

2 Likes

Whoa
 I do not remember that from AO! :grimacing:

Me neither. I think I go through two chonies per day.