Lisa Montgomery

Nope. But if this is how you argue, I’m surprised you didn’t vote for him

1 Like

In the end, she was put to death because trump had a weird agenda. If biden took office and it hadnt happened yet, the federal death penalty would be halted immediately

So you agree with trumps agenda.

That’s a stretch.

1 Like

How so? Nothing I said in here is pro trump. I’m against what he did in being responsible for her death.

His agenda about the death penalty you are

Read how I started my arguments. I wasn’t arguing her specific case. I said if any death penalty can be excused (I’m against death penalty in general), it should be in the case of permanent mental illness.

Permanent mental illness specifically caused by society failing her as a child. Great stance.

I believe this is true, that the death penalty costs more due to legal fees.

ETA: I see I’ve been ninja’d.

Permanent mental illness is permanent mental illness, the cause is irrelevant as we’re talking about chance of rehabilitation here.

Some people are such a danger to society, you can never let them out. If they ever get out for whatever reason, they’re going to kill someone else because they don’t give a fuck.

Prison is not the place for them. A spot 6 feet in the ground is.

okay, what about people who didn’t murder anyone, but they are brain damaged or otherwise handicapped and therefore can’t care for themselves. murder them too or put them in a facility to care for them? is the death penalty only for murderers? your argument is we don’t have any obligation to care for them, so would this extend to otherwise handicapped people who cannot care for themselves? if not, why not?

I’m not sure who these people are, but in the case of Lisa Montgomery, she has extreme ptsd and her brain is broken. not sure what it means to not give a fuck. yeah, you can’t let her out of prison, but i don’t think killing her is a great answer. keep her in prison.

Donald Trump doesn’t give a fuck. he’s in this category. just sayin.

rich boy, privileged upbringing where he had everything handed to him, or if not handed to him, he cheated his way towards whatever goal and knocked down anyone in his way, thinks he should be god of the world.

I named a couple. I can think of lots of others. I don’t really feel a need to provide an exhaustive list, I’d like to think the couple I provided at least set a couple marks to work from.

Trump is a different category, because he’s a threat to the Republic. We don’t have the death penalty for non-murderers or people who wish to tear down the Republic for their autocratic urges. If we’re going to discuss the death penalty, let’s at least keep it to who it currently applies to - unless you want to expand the applicability standard some, in which case I’ve got ideas but also have limits.

oh right, you did. not sure who they were though. i’ll have to look up their stories.

If we have the resources, sure, we should take care of them.

so, in the case of those people, yes, but not in the case of lisa montgomery? why not?

Yeah I dunno about the death penalty. I do believe deeper societal issues are to blame for the outcome though.

Did I say that? It’ll apply to her case as well. If we can take care of her, then it’ll be nice if we do. Are we obligated to? No.

you said if it was cheaper not to take care of her, we should put her to death though, regardless of whether we can or not.