Keyboards

Cherry silent red? I thought the browns were the quiet ones.

Cherry (and other brands) also have a “silent” version. They’re squishier, in my opinion, and I’m not a big fan, because I love that tactile bump.

I bought this tester a while back, really helped me learn what I was missing out on (and not missing out on): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089P1L1TX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_N9FCNFY73WPB8N62KBMP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Silent reds are quieter, but feel a bit mushier. The feel was most similar to my prior (but failing and now unobtainable) favorite keyboard, and my wife complained that anything clicky aggravated her headache.

Egad. And I thought the tester I got was a bit much!

FWIW / for anyone considering getting a tester to test-drive different kinds of mechanical switches…my keyboards feel a little different than what I expected based on the tester. If I had fallen in love with the feel of one of the tester switches, I would have been disappointed. However, I found the silent reds “acceptable” on the tester, and to-my-tastes on the actual keyboards (although these “silent” keys are still rather noisy).

1 Like

I’m more worried about those mysterious runes along the bottom. Are they Viking? Wiccan? Quantum physics? You’re definitely up to not good.

1 Like

I don’t even have a monitor right now, let alone a keyboard. I did get my wife this though, which made her the coolest frood in the whole office.

Of course now that it’s all wfh, I have to suffer her clickity clack clacking. At least they aren’t blue!

Love Das Keyboard. I have a very similar model (also w the brown switches) that I’m typing on right now. An office worker having a good keyboard is like a carpenter having a good hammer. Worth the money, imo. I type faster and make fewer mistakes with a mechanical keyboard.

I just stared using a Keychron K4. This is my first mechanical keyboard. Loving it so far. It is very convenient being able to switch between 3 devices since I have multiple work computers. The price was reasonable as well.

I like the sound of old school keyboards.

how fast can you type?

OP’s keyboard broke my brain. I couldn’t deal with the directional arrows or switching to a different keyboard for various function keys, etc.