January 6th Charges for Seditious Conspiracy

First counts of seditious conspiracy in relation to the January 6th attack on the Capitol. This article says 11 defendants but a lawyer I know just told me there are 17, not sure what’s the most up to date figure.

“‘We aren’t going through this without civil war. Too late for that. Prepare your mind, body and spirit,’ Rhodes allegedly said in a November 5, 2020, signal message”

“We’re going to defend the president, the duly elected president, and we call on him to do what needs to be done to save our country. Because if you don’t guys, you’re going to be in a bloody, bloody civil war and a bloody – you can call it an insurrection, or you can call it a war or fight.”

So much for the online patriots saying you can’t call it an insurrection because nobody’s been charged for it.

1 Like

I know people have been saying that online, but are any of the ones saying it patriots?

LOL

2 Likes

Well we can’t do red text on this forum, so…

\color{red}{this text is black}

Not exactly the brightest of lads. Was facing up to 3 years in prison for misdemeanors on 1/6, now facing an additional 15 for illegal possession of a firearm. And oddly enough, not being charged (yet) for firing on police.

That sounds about white.

From the article:

About an hour later, Pelham, who is a convicted felon, walked onto the porch and “fired towards several deputies”.

A deputy said one “gunshot came in so close proximity to myself that I could hear the distinct whistling sound as the bullet traveled by me and then strike a metal object to my right side.”

“A deputy instructed Pelham to put his gun down, but he continued to wave it until re-entering his home,” prosecutors said.

The standoff ended shortly after midnight when authorities left without arresting Pelham.

And then:

Pelham was later arrested on Tuesday.

The fracas happened on Wednesday, April 12. They just left the scene after he fired at officers, and didn’t arrest him until the following Tuesday???

(checks the mug shot…)

Yup. Sounds right.

2 Likes