Innumeracy

I’m not sure that $100US goes as far in the US as the yuan-equivalent of $100US would in China.

lol I just noticed that there’ actually a left vs right axes, and that only the US is using the right axis.

I thought they were all going from the left axis to the right axis over a period of comparison (like Russia goes from $50 to $520 ish)

Yeah that graph is fucked.

This can’t be right…it’s got to be innumeracy/slip-up…or a scam…

My usual site for booking airline travel is kayak.com. Like many travel-aggregators they offer links to other sites to check even further for a deal.

The flight that I’m looking at right now is ~$500…no bags (checked or carry-on (my wayward son)) added. One of the other sites, flightsbridge (never heard about it before today), has it for $400.

The “base fare” is USD500 and the “fees and surcharges” are negative USD100.

The dates are put in dd/mm/yyyy…which is unusual.

The FAQ seems to be written by a non-native-english-speaker, nttawwt.

That is all.

:rofl: I’ve gotta steal that

2 Likes

Maybe they make up for the fees in volume? /s

4 Likes

It is expected in the military to write dates in the form ddMMMyy(yy).

E.g., 24JAN23 or 24JAN2023

2 Likes

Iirc dd/mm/yyyy is commonly used in Europe.

1 Like

or commonly used in the universe because why the fuck would you put mm/dd/yy

3 Likes

Indeed…they have an address…but it’s just a house :qunq:garage:qunq: in a Maryland suburb…and for their address they added “USA”. Who does that except someone who’s not actually in the USA?

:us: :saluting_face:

yes there is.

We all agree YYYYMMDD is the optimal date structure though, right?

11 Likes

i’m sure it has something to do with tipping

I’m indifferent to variants such as YYYY-MM-DD or YYYY/MM/DD if they’re consistently applied, but yes, it certainly needs to be in that order (year first, then month, then day… with leading zeros) for sorting purposes.

:squintyeyes:

Really helps with sorting, so that all you have to figure out is whether to use ‘V3 final FINAL’ or ‘V3 final MM edits final.’

6 Likes

don’t forget to put your initials after you’ve reviewed Final FINAL v2

2 Likes

DMYY imo

One place I worked instituted a policy where the latest and greatest was always “V0”. Then the first bad version got renamed “V1” plus any other identifying details you wanted to include after it such as “V1 CFO projection from 3/29” or whatever. And the second bad version got renamed “V2”, then “V3” and so on. But the latest & greatest was always “V0”.

For about 18 months they were militant about enforcing it and it was great. Then they stopped enforcing it and 75% of the department stopped complying. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

We need a “dislike” button.

1 Like