Innumeracy

“Which one will get me to my quota this month?”

I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS DEAL!!! THANKS!!!

1 Like

12 is reasonably easy to find in stores. E.g. Nordstrom carries up to 13 at both the main store and Nordstrom Rack, and Torrid carries up to 12 in store, 13 online.

Although the fact that I know this might prove your point.

I want to say this was Ann Taylor or Ann Taylor Loft, but it might have been Banana Republic… I no longer recall. It was specifically a women’s clothing store that also has a few shoes. Emphasis on “few”.

Banana Republic isn’t solely a women’s clothing store, is it?

Oh I think you’re right… I honestly don’t recall at this point. Maybe not Banana Republic. I think this store was only women’s clothing. It was certainly only women’s shoes in that area.

BR is not solely women’s clothing, no.

31 types AIR

2 Likes

I think that ISWYDT

Showed this to the service desk and they actually agreed that didn’t look right and headed over to see what they could see.

3 Likes

it says mountain dew though.

I’m pretty sure all the Pepsi products had that same tag. So each one was was on sale for $3.99 individually or you could mix or match at 2 for $10.

Reading the “numbers” below that “2 for $10” . . . it looks like it might’ve been an oversight and should’ve been “3 for $10 (Must Buy 3)”.

2 Likes

That’s what I suggested to them. 3 for 10 would discount it from 3.99 to 3.33.

For the last 9 months or so the local convenience stores have been selling 20 oz Cokes for 2 for $4, or 3 for $5. So I periodically buy 3 at a time in order to stock up the fridge… and every time the cashier asks if I want to add a fourth because “they are 2 for $4”.

I mean, on the one hand I’m really curious to see what the register will charge me for 4. But there’s a decent chance it will be $8, in which case that 4th soda would cost me significantly more than the undiscounted price. And even if it’s not $8, it’s certainly going to be more than $6 (i.e. the marginal cost of the fourth soda will be greater than the third). Nine months into it the cashiers still haven’t picked up on this. I die a little inside every time they ask.

if you buy six is it $10 or $12?

3 Likes

Three for $5, two for $4, one at regular price.

2 Likes

cashier will ask if you want a 7th because 2 for $4

2 Likes

I encountered something like that at a donut shop once. They had painted in massive letters on the front door: “15 donut holes for $1”.

Me: Hi, I’d like 60 donut holes please.

Cashier: 60?

Me: Yes, please. 4 of the “15 for $1” deal.

Cashier: Uhhhh… ok. Ummm… do you want to just get 65? That will be cheaper.

Me: It will? (Cashier nods) Really? (Nods again) OK, sure.

Cashier: That will be $7.99.

Me: No… it should be $4 for 60.

Cashier: Well it’s $6.99 for 50 and then you can have another 15 for $1.

Me: :grimacing::woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging::doughnut:

(Not really… we eventually went back to 60 for $4, but it took some effort on my part.)

1 Like

BTW, I scanned their full menu and absolutely nowhere did it say 50 donut holes for $6.99. I had no idea that price point existed.

But the next week the front door was advertising 15 donuts for $1.25. Still cheaper to get 60 for $5 than 50 for $6.99 but :woman_shrugging: