I am going to buy this (these) today and reasons why

rules schmules. You’re a winner my friend!

Weird. In my state only the lower octane gas has added ethanol. The highest octane is always ethanol free. I use that in all my small engines and for my bikes.

Here is what I found dated April 2022:

The following is a statement from Illinois Farm Bureau President Richard Guebert, Jr. regarding President Biden’s announcement today that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will allow E15 gasoline—gasoline that uses a 15% ethanol blend—to be sold this summer.

“Illinois Farm Bureau welcomes the Biden Administration’s decision to permit summertime sales of E15 for the purpose of addressing high gasoline prices caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. More demand for ethanol-blended fuels should help reduce prices at the pump.

“Illinois Farm Bureau supports the administration’s efforts to incentivize infrastructure that expands capacity for higher levels of renewable fuel blends, while also incentivizing oil companies to resume oil production from inactive wells located on federal lands.”

I interpret the phrase “permit summertime sales” to mean that the only gasoline that will be available will be 15% ethanol. I doubt there will be an option. State sales tax rules effectively tax gas station owners additional fees for selling pure gasoline, so virtually nobody does sell it.

I hadn’t thought of this in a long time. When I lived in CO you couldn’t find ethanol-free very easily, but here in KS I can get it at several places within a few miles of my house. Next time I fill up the gas can I’ll grab some ethanol free 91 octane.

Convenience store close to a boat ramp for a large lake is the nearest ethanol-free gas to me (that I know of). There are probably others.

1 Like

Not quite ‘gonna buy’ yet, but considering a Logitech MX 3 mouse. Anyone got one? Love it? Hate it? Or suggestions for a better mouse?

Well, i would never buy a mouse like that because I’m left handed, and usually use my mouse with my left hand (but not always, for reasons) so i only buy ambidextrous mice. But i have a different fancy Logitech mouse, and like it.

I went and bought myself more clothes - So far I’ve spent about $500. Pants and shirts for work and new shorts. BTW - why didn’t anyone tell me how comfortable golf pants are?!?!?

I wore a shirt today and got a complement on how well it went with my eyes - Insignif Signal IMO

4 Likes

Bought myself that wallet that @Mathman has.
My birthday gift from my wife (if I tell her), and it is between 6 months too early and 6 months too late.

Sounds like it is your half-birthday present!

What kind/color leather?

This one???

1 Like

I was going to spring for “BMF” as a monogram, but cheap actuary.

1 Like

Black, Dublin. Elegant. No brand name on it. I don’t get a discount to advertise.

1 Like

Burger Meister F______

1 Like

I think it was @Mathman(’s alter ego) who encouraged me to get a wallet 5 years ago. I went with a Green Horween CXL which was a St Paddy’s Day special.

Probably, I’ve been a fan of Mitchell Leather for a long time. There really aren’t many companies that compare. If you’re in the market for a briefcase, Swaine Adeny Brigg is arguably better.

Awe, you participated in another one of my threads…

1 Like

BreadMaker’s Friend.

2 Likes