Honeymoon

I feel like Mexico has a similar vibe.

That too, another “stick to the resort or approved trips” kind of place. Maybe some areas are a little more “wander around” friendly, not where we went.

Although we did go to a few bars where we couldn’t communicate with anybody, was kind of fun, just point at a tap and hand them $1 and get a beer. And we only kept like $10 and our passports on us.

Hilton Head? You could drive it instead of flying!!! :+1:

Did the New York to Bermuda cruise once. I like the extended on-boat activity time and the only one stop part (I get anxious when I have to be back to the boat at a certain time).

We’ve also been thinking of Japan. Sounds like in your financial situation you could swing it… Haven’t started seriously considering where or what to do yet, but I want to eat all the things.

When we do Japan I want at least 10 days of feet on the ground to make the travel worth it.

I tend to avoid the “must stay in your resort” kinds of destinations. I want to experience the place I am visiting.

Another recommendation: Costa Rica. Lovely place, nice people, and lots of interesting things to do. Or you can just chill on one of their beaches. I felt very safe traveling there.

1 Like

In 2019 I cashed in some frequent flyer miles when I saw a fantastic deal on comfort class seats to Tokyo. We were supposed to be there in April 2020. COVID cancelled that trip. I have not been to Japan, and will keep my eyes open for deals again.

Isn’t North Carolina near the beach?

3 1/2 hours to Nags Head

The Honeymoon Capital of Canada!!! :+1: :canada: :couple_with_heart_woman_man:

That’s a little sad. No offense.

Yeah, you’re right: the Canadian side of the Falls is much prettier!!! :smiling_imp:

Muncie or gtfo.

Seriously, what’s your risk tolerance? Are you wanting/willing to try leaving the country? If so, then you have so. many. options. for beaches. If you just want romantic beach action, an over-water thing might be nice. Some place like Fiji maybe.

If you’d prefer to stay state-side, Hawaii is pretty amazing. Honolulu if you like more scene, Maui or Kuai for more laid back beaching, or Molokai if you just plain hate people.

:rofl:

We did Kauai for our honeymoon (and again for 10 yr anniversary). I loved it.

If you want to just sit by a pool or on a beach and not do anything else, its probably not the place. But besides that, it can be whatever you want it to be.

We rented a condo from VRBO 50 yards from the beach. We drove around the island (in a convertible of course) and visited different beaches and waterfalls. We went on a few hikes in different parts of the island (including one kayak/hike combo to a awesome waterfall spot). We ate at both cool local places and fancy tourist places. We did a sunset cruise to the NaPali coast

1 Like

Hoping to go once leaving the country is less of a big deal, which I was also hoping was in 3,4,5… months? I consider Hawaii leaving the country, but not Florida, in my head. I understand that is weird and overly complicating.

1 Like

Outer banks in large part have become super crowded in-season. Particularly Nags Head. Grew up going there to visit grandparents, took a decade hiatus, have been back a couple times and it was totally commercialized.

Gary Indiana has a beach

1 Like

I’m seriously bad at communicating my totally irrational, ingrained assumption sets when asking for advice.

Like for example, for a “going to the beach vacation” I mean like - a getaway to an exotic beach outside of the US (excluding Hawaii).

My honeymoon is 4 1/2 days I’ll never get back.

2 Likes

Anchorage has beaches and I hear it’s very pretty.