Have we rounded the corner for the final time?

Such as?

Lol

1 Like

I don’t think there was a large risk before I was vaccinated, but now vaccinated it’s basically 0.

Even if you assume I’ll catch COVID the mortality rate for 30 year olds was/is miniscule, before you even condition on not having diabetes, etc.

What is the ample evidence there’s large risk to 30 year olds? I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt that we just have different risk tolerances.

1 Like

I sure as hell am if I’m outside and exposed in a lightning storm.

I’m not arguing there’s a risk for the vaccinated, I’m stating there’s a risk for the unvaccinated, consistent with what pretty much every global public health agency is saying.

Come in out of the rain, JFG.

Let’s move away from vague statements like “a risk”, how many micromorts are we talking?

1 Like

Marcie stated there was no risk, which is inaccurate. I see no benefit in trying to agree with you on an exact quantification of the risk.

1 Like

“isn’t a big deal” implies the risk is low, not that it’s 0. I don’t think anyone is arguing anything has a risk of 0. There’s a > 0 risk that an extinction-level meteor lands on my house.

2 Likes

And if those individuals have assessed that risk & accepted it?

I think ultimately it comes down to this:

2 Likes

I’m glad at least someone reads my posts with comprehension. :+1:

Their choice to take a risk puts other people at risk and takes other people’s choice away.

I’d be on board with this if they’d keep their cooties to themselves. A drunk driver doesn’t cause risk only to themselves.

2 Likes

Certainly, but where’s the line? This is where the flu comparisons are useful. We didn’t previously accept limits on freedom to move around during flu season to protect against any risk of flu. It seems we’re saying the risk has to be 0, especially considering the onset of restrictions due to delta despite vaccines?

1 Like

it takes other people’s choice to be vaccinated away? how?

Also, as the CDC acknowledged this week, it is possible (though the data still supports this being far less likely) for vaccinated people to spread infection when they get infected.

Also, the whole vaccinated vs unvaccinated is a false dichotomy - there are millions of people who have robust immunity from prior infections who are choosing not to be vaccinated as there is no data that shows a benefit to them worth the additional risk/discomfort of the jab.

Unvaccinated <> infectious.

I also would like sick people to stay home & keep their cooties to themselves. Perhaps if masks weren’t oversold as a “better than vaccine” source-control panacea, people would.

I have never heard this claim. Ever.

I also never said unvaccinated = infectious. It’s unvaccinated people not giving a shit about anyone else. No masks (to decrease amount of expelled virus if presymtomatic), out and about when they’re sick, dragging their hypoxic asses to the emergency room and saying to not test them for COVID because it’s a hoax.

1 Like

Also, see this week’s change in CDC guidance (not as explicit as Redfield, but it’s implied)

Transcript?