Happy Thoughts

One nice thing about my stupid brain waking me up way too early was being able to sit on the couch and drink coffee and eat a cookie in total peace and quiet. Even the dog went back to sleep after I fed her breakfast.

4 Likes

Two of my friends are marrying each other today, and I am at the salon getting my hair and makeup done. Because I have not had to do my own makeup or hair for a formal event in YEARS and I don’t even know how to at this point! It’s very enjoyable and I’m happy with the hair, makeup is up next.

6 Likes

Way to many hours on a 50 dollar purchase that I should’ve just taken the l on. But…success.

3 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

I finished all my grading requirements, so I get to enjoy most of my weekend! I even finished my model solution, so all there is to do is reconcile a handful of papers with my partner, and enjoy a nice vacation in Portland.

7 Likes

We were originally going to grade in Portland, but it was hard to get to for Canadians, and we have many on my committee, so we are going to a Canadian city.

2 Likes

We have new foster kitties.

We just returned a litter, but they were feral and not much fun. A full-time volunteer is going to try an tame them, but I expect they will end up in a barn-cat program, and not in anyone’s home.

So I think the shelter decided to reward us for caring for those, and now we have 4 bottle-fed kittens who are super friendly and cuddly. It’s nice to spend some time with kittens purring in your lap. :smiley:

4 Likes

Eat at Habibi and tell the owner, Mazen, that I said “hi!” I like the chicken schwarma with hummus or the za’atar pizza (or both, depending how hungry you are). But everything is good there. Except for the wine, which is awful.

SW 10th & Morrison

3 Likes

Our resident cat is now jumping on my desk when I study and work. Like walking across the keyboard.
Just make yourself at home why don’t you.

I have six hours of work tomorrow and then I’m off for a whole week! And it’s the first real vacation I have done with our kids in years! I am excited for the break.

8 Likes

Where ya going? Feel free to not answer if you don’t want to.

Portland. Going to take a day trip up to Seattle on Thursday to visit <12parsecs from the AO, and do a little FSA grading on Friday, then sightsee the rest of the trip.

4 Likes

I rarely eat sugar substitutes when I’m avoiding sugar, but once in a while I eat some Rebel ice cream and it’s decent.

1 Like

My jalapeño and Thai pepper plants are thriving. It’s gonna be a spicy summer!

2 Likes

I slept over 9 hours.

5 Likes

We stopped at The Rat King’s Bazaar of the Bizarre in Portland on our way back from Mt. Hood, and I bought a tshirt that says I met wonderwood’s butt wizard. And honestly I have no idea what it means since it didn’t seem to relate to the art experience, but it makes me laugh.

1 Like