Happy Thoughts

My boy: “I’ll smack you if you come any closer, old man”.
Lol.

Not sure it counts as a happy thought, but where else could it go?

Last time i bought erasers, I asked the cashier if I could bring them back if I didn’t make any mistakes. Lolz you’d think. Nope, just confused.
Pretty much the same reaction when a cashier asks if I have aero plan points. Nope, I can’t afford them I say (they’re free). Again, just confusion. Someday a cashier will tell me that the plan points are free and I’ll get to say “that’s how broke I am!”.

I like the first dad joke.

1 Like

You’re gonna see me in the smoking and grilling thread soon, because for the first time in several years, I found ribeye cap steaks at Costco. Woohoo!

4 Likes

I don’t know what variety they were, but those were tied for the most delicious [green]:grapes: [/green] I’ve ever had. I bought them at Costco last week - Molina Green Seedless Grapes ([trigger alert]Raisins Verts Sans Pépins[/ta]). No.1 Grade, Product of Mexico, Distributed by Fresh Farms, Item 47825, Treated with sulphites for extra flavor & also fungicide use.

1 Like

I remember enough of my school French to know that “raisin” is fine , but “rai-SIN SEC” is eeeeeeeeeevil!!! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I was just afraid I might mispronounce it. :tup:

1 Like

Would it be a happier thought if it said “for whom”?

1 Like

Four day fishing trip to shining tree, camping on crown land with three uwaterloo students.

3 Likes

I made some Indian dishes for the guys. For breakfast one day we had medu vadu. I told the guys it was ‘just like mom used to make’. The one Indian guy said it was good, but maybe wasn’t exactly medu vadu.
Caught a lot of fish. Saw two moose and a lot of beavers. Lots of loons screaming. And we ran into a couple from up north that we met on our camping trip there last year. Had a beerski and a campfire with them.

The moose out front, obviously didn’t tell you the park was closed, eh?

1 Like

Lol nope. I never camp at parks. Most of the northern part of Canada is crown land, not privately owned, and you can camp anywhere on crown. I just head north, drive down an old logging trail, find a nice spot in the bush and set up camp.

1 Like

Am curious,

In Canada do you also have a “right to roam” on private land like in Scotland?

Nope. Nothing like.that.
But so much of canada is crown land that it makes no.difference. I just read that almost 90 percent of ontario is.crown land, and i bet its higher than that in some provinces.

This I did not know. But maybe it’s because I’m a Saskatchewanite and would end up camping on a patch of uranium if I tried that.

I think even Canadians don’t realize just how uninhabited Canada is. I spend a bit of time up north and even when I drive 8-10 hours north it’s still what they call ‘the near north’. This weekend we were probably a 40 minute drive from a house. We forgot my camp kit so we had to drive and buy plates and cutlery, that was over an hour and a half drive one way to get to a store that had such a thing.

Now we know

2 Likes