Gun Violence in America

Did anyone check to see how many entrances the school had? Maybe that was the real problem.

1 Like

One time at Jaspess’s old school, there was a bad smell in the building that necessitated ventilation, but supposedly one of the doors to the building was left open but unguarded. :grimacing:

6th mass shooting of the year, though just the first school one. Last year we had 598 mass shootings and already had 12 by the 4th (several mass shootings all happened in the early morning of the 1st, I’m sure alcohol.)

Fewer mass shootings to start the year!

Is this the new thoughts and prayers?

2 Likes

‘Beyond angry.’ So, willing to do something about it? Oh, not so much.

Dude will be golfing in Florida any day now.

1 Like

He should ask O.J. for help in finding the real killers.

3 Likes

Trump, campaigning in Iowa, on the shooting:

It’s terrible to see that happening, it’s just horrible. So surprising to see it here. But, uh, you have to get over it.

2 Likes

Yet again emphasizing MAGA doesn’t care about kids once they’re born. All about control, not the sanctity of life.

1 Like

I’m not convinced that they actually care about the unborn either. It’s all still about control.

5 Likes

Agree.

Could be applied to any number of situations. Dying of sepsis from a dead fetus we wouldn’t let you abort?

It’s terrible to see that happening, it’s just horrible. So surprising to see it here. But, uh, you have to get over it.

Cops shot your baby and dog in a no-knock raid on the wrong house?

Losing an election? You just have to get over it.

7 Likes

I was getting ready to type that.

1 Like

I started reading about the Uvalde report, and had to stop because it made me physically ill.

1 Like

Don’t look at the WaPo school shooter article then.

I’m not too squeamish but halfway through I thought, “I’m already super for commonsense gun control. I’m not getting any meaningful education from this, I know the shootings were terrible.” Didn’t finish it.

2 Likes

Remington closing its 200+ year old New York State factory to relocate operations to more gun-friendly Georgia.

Hmm. My take. They say it’s economic. They’re moving from an ancient expensive-to-update plant. They’re losing the union that they’ve been having trouble with the last few years. They’re moving to a place with the lowest minimum wage in the country. But it looks good if you hint that 1) it’s gun-unfriendliness, so it’s not their fault 2) NY residents should buy more Remingtons before the libs take them away,

1 Like

Remington has declared bankruptcy before. They had a big plant in Huntsville, AL for a bit (2014-2021 or so).