Government Run Nursing Homes

I’m skeptical that something like this would work unless it was easier to force mentally incapacitated homeless people to stay, eg forcibly commit them to hospital care. And that isn’t going to happen, and in any case comes with it’s own problems. But i know very little about this issue.

I thought there was something like this in Anthem or a similar book

Soylent Green

Ah yes another benefit of St. Ron, tossing the mentally ill out of the streets to fend for themselves.

1 Like

It’s true. I know personally 2 people living in a nursing home now waiting to die that have Medicaid paying for it. So I guess I’m not sure what the additional cost would be, but not as substantial as many are imagining since it is already taking place in some capacity. I’m thinking maybe the current spend doubles or triples? It’s basically about $75,000 a year for nursing care and the average stay at the end of life is 14 months according to one study I read. So some portion of Sr’s are going to spend roughly 100,000 current day 's to live in a nursing home.

Definitely good with this. I would choose death over a nursing home 9 times out 10.

1 Like

If you choose death the first time you aren’t going to be able to on the others…

3 Likes