Got my BMath yesterday (1984-2020)

Yesterday my transcript changed to degree awarded :). Finally completed a BMath with a minor in Actsci from the University of Waterloo.
Bit of a humblebrag; I started in 1984 and failed out shortly after. Came back 5 years ago and took courses part time, year round until I finished.
the pic above is from my first term back in 84. I’m second from the right. Pic is from residence at uwaterloo. I’ve kept my hair, the waistline not so much.

Congrats! Nice pic! :wink:

Congratulations! Never too late to get edumacated!

1 Like

The two on the left are the couple I was telling you about.

Congrats!

Congrats on the degree!

[oh jeez, what have you guys throttled the reply rate to]

2 Likes

I’ll ask t to have a look. The software starts everyone not trusted, but as you post, you Automatically get more authority, right up to some mod capabilities. It’s likely not set to have regular posters from the get go.

Okay, if it adapts over time, I can deal with that.

Ok, since you posted that, it had bumped you up to higher “Trust Levels”. Does that make a difference for you?

Are you responding to me or @SpaceLobster?

[I’m still throttled quite a bit… when I first tried to respond, it told me to wait 33 seconds… then 11 seconds… and I think I’ve wasted enough time now.]

I was responding to you, meep. Ok, I’ll keep working on it. You are at TL3 now, so that’s not it.

Maybe I need to log out and back in again?

Hello Serena,
When replying to a thread, use the blue button at the bottom of the screen.
When replying to someone specifically in the thread, use the reply button at the bottom of their individual post.

You’ll see I replied to you specifically by your icon top right of this post :+1:
Thank you.

Also, I feel like when you do that, that the posts should be threaded not linear.

I’m replying to this:

Hello Serena,
When replying to a thread, use the blue button at the bottom of the screen.
When replying to someone specifically in the thread, use the reply button at the bottom of their individual post.

You’ll see I replied to you specifically by your icon top right of this post :+1:
Thank you.

Now I’m replying from the bottom button.

Looks like they are linear

They’re posted linear, but there’s an icon in the post showing that you’ve replied.
I feel like there should be a setting to put these posts in a non-linear threaded layout like reddit. Will investigate.

Congratulations.

At first I thought you said that you got a B in Math, but then that didn’t make sense because then it would be spelled MaBth. Anyway, congrats on the BMath!

Congrats! UW BMath grad here too.

2 Likes