GOP vs Disney

DeSantis signed the bill eliminating Reedy Creek, which gives Disney a tax break and causes meaningful property tax increases for Floridians living in 2 counties. Owning the libs: priceless.

1 Like

From Heather Cox Richardson’s Letters from an American, Apr 22

Sadly I think DeSantis will come out as the winner on this skirmish with Disney. He will control the narrative.

Ah, so taxpayers won’t see the bill until after the next election.

I hope the Dems run ads pointing out the looming cost if the current office holders hey their way.

I think DeSantis would spin the narrative to somehow blame Disney for the municipal tax increase and his supporters will believe it.

1 Like

It won’t even be that hard to spin. He’ll just have to say, “It’s Disney’s fault”.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s about following through, or keeping disney on a leash. In fact, it sounds like the law cannot stand.

It’s about standing up to liberal elites who run hollywood, and tell working class folks that they don’t have the right morals or feelings, and live in “flyover country.”

Voters will get to emotionally participate in this message. They will love it. And they will be both thankful to desantis, and also identify with him.

The bill itself is a good example of ‘cancel culture’.

I would probably applaud the decision to stop treating Disney special if the root cause wasn’t a culture-war motivated government control.

2 Likes

And honestly, if this means that Congress doesn’t extend the damn copyright law yet again, some good may come of it.

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 4.09.45 PM

We can hope

Disney is going to help send DeSantis to Washington DC???

What part of his bullshit do you think the rest of the country wants?

We’ll see how much the residents of Orlando react when they see the price tag. Estimates I’ve seen are between $2200 and $2800.

He is a smarter version of Trump. Isn’t that what we all fear in the white house?

3 Likes

I don’t think that will ever happen.

The bill doesn’t take effect until 2023, plenty of time for it to be rolled back in some way.

1 Like

Disney should just pick up and move DisneyWorld to another southern state with a similar climate, something like:

South Carolina, on second thought…
Georgia, on second thought…
Alabama, on second thought…
Mississippi, on second thought…
Louisiana, on second thought…
Texas, on second thought…
New Mexico - winner, winner, chicken dinner!

1 Like

They should move to Puerto Rico.

1 Like

They could move to Nevada so Vegas can have a Disney World for kids in addition to their existing one for adults.

He is extremely intelligent. He will be far more effective at managing the Trump platform than Trump was.

I believe you on “intelligent” and “effective”. I’m not sure what part of the Trump platform DeSantis will pick up.