GH-Specialty Spring 2021

All of question one was related to care management Vendors. So it was all from the reading they added this sitting.

When I opened the exam and read through question one, I missed the word Vendor and had no clue what they were asking for because it was so open ended. I thankfully decided to skip it.

When I got back to it I saw the word Vendor and was able to pinpoint the reading it was asking for and then the question made sense.

thats lame for me… I knew that section well but just didnt connect the dots during the exam.

Yeah the savings estimate (it was care management vendor estimation) was about the pre/post, P/NP, matched controls, etc…

When I initially read that question I had no idea but immediately skipped it. But then it dawned on me that they were talking about care vendors and then the list clicked.

They asked about the financial impact and not the different methodologies to determine savings so I threw the ROI / net savings formula in there. I think this subquestion was worth 1 point.

Then on the next subquestion I mentioned directly monetized claims savings, monetized reduction in utilization, etc…

No idea where I stand and what they were looking for

The ASOP question was weird too, they were talking about input data considerations (asop 23) but then said “based on asop 46” in the question

There was one talking about data for risk adjustments models so I mentioned causality, objectivity and practicality principles and to consider applicable laws and business/industry practices

Questions were way too vague and open to different interpretations

anyone remember that bit from 30 Rock when they made the homonym show?

now that I hear this, i think this may be what they wanted… I explained all the calculation methods, but they may have wanted to hear the lists from the EHM section.

so far we have seen 3 different interpretations of this question.

Q3. the retro/prospective math problem I added the demographic factor for the prospective method

Q6. My answers were RBC ratios of a) 30% and b) 240% vs the initial 325% and c) optimal allocation of 98% cash / 2% equity to be above regulatory action level

The actual ASOP goes into detail about input data consistency considerations. There wasn’t a notecard about it though

Hm, the question specifically asked about vendor though, so the coarsened exact matching, propensity score, pre/post, participant vs np, etc is what I put.

Monetized claim savings and monetizing util savings was about the EHM savings reading

This is how I interpreted it also. But honestly doesn’t even really matter anymore. I just want to see my ID # on the list come July 16th.

That’s why I did too, the vendor savings. I agree with everyone that the ASOP questions were brutal. I don’t think I got any points on those.

Does anyone know what reading the question about risks came from? Underwriting risk, pricing risk, claims management, I can’t remember the 4th. There was also a sub question asking for the key elements of Operational Risk Controls. All that came to mind here was the S&P risk controls but I’m not really sure if that’s what it was asking about. Couldn’t recall what source that question could be coming from.

This is the right attitude. To some extent, its over. Put the exam behind you and move on. I am driving myself crazy trying to analyze how I did. Get back to work and back to life.

1 Like

Third times a charm for me. Was finally able to bump my 5s to an 8. Congrats to everyone that passed and good luck to those still weathering this storm.

Same here! I still don’t believe it. Thought I’d fail again and I had already started studying for the next attempt. But God digiti dang! Somehow got a 7 on this third attempt. Giggitty giggitty… For those that are still struggling. Keep at it! It’ll happen eventually.

I thought for sure I passed, ended up with a 4. Does anybody know when the transcript details and exam solutions get released? I want to see where my gaps were.

Transcript details- this Friday.

I expect solutions to be posted somewhere around the first week of August.

also with a 4…roll again in the fall.

My gaps were not guessing the right section they were referring to and ASOPs.

I dont even know how to study for this exam.

I have no idea how to study for it either. I know one of my gaps were the ASOP questions, but I don’t really know how to better prepare than that.