Getting Your Kicks . . . On Route 66

We might be neighbors!

1 Like

Hmm, i guess i have been to several route 66 landmarks without really knowing it. The consequence of being near something all the time makes it mundane

I’ll try to keep an eye out for interesting things this weekend.

1 Like

Dean Walker was one of the inspirations for Tow Mater, he is from my home town and I’ve met him about 300 times.

2 Likes

If so we’re probably coworkers unless you’re in P&C.

I was in SoCal somewhere around Claremont/Upland when I saw a marker for the old route 66. Apart from that, I would have had no clue it was originally there.

1 Like

A diner would be an appropriate landmark on Route 66.

My band used to play in a bar (now closed) that was located in a little dead-end section of the former 66. The main door of the bar opened onto Route 66, even though nobody used it when we were there, so I’m guessing the building goes back to when there was still Route 66 traffic. There still is a Route 66-era restaurant about 100 yards away from the bar.

2 Likes

There are SO many diners.

1 Like

Oh. Last time I was in London we stopped for breakfast, and the place was basically themed like an American diner, but with English food, whatever. Saw this.

1 Like

Nah, doubtful on both tbh… I’m not actually on it, but near enough that i see it almost anytime i leave my neighborhood.

I mean, I’m half a mile from it and it’s “Main Street” in my town (which is boring as Rt 66 towns go). I drive on it nearly every day.

Google maps took me on a section of it today that i have never been on before (not near my house at all) so that i could get my kicks and bypass some traffic.

4 Likes