Fusion

fusion ha

yeah, still not ā€œnet netā€. But definitely a breakthrough

are you referring to Hawaiian fusion?

California roll imo

While they got more energy out than they put in, the amount of energy required to create the energy put in shows that they still have a long way to go.

Itā€™s a step forward. But I wouldnā€™t count on getting a Mr. Fusion device for my car at the auto parts store anytime soon.

i mean even the smallest amount of ā€œnet netā€ and weā€™re talking about a perpetual motion machine here

Perpetual for a whileā€¦

perpetual until it stops

If we can get enough out to have the energy to replace the build of it, etc. then I agree weā€™re basically there

The latest fusion experiment created an energy output equal to the energy input of the laser beams that created the fusion. This is much less than the energy needed to created those beams. I think i read that it needs to be several hundred times greater to actually power the lasers.

Just make it up in volumeā€¦

4 Likes

Just like windmills.

I think technology is the start of having more shit.

yes, unevenly distributed shit

Eh, itā€™s always been unevenly distributed. Weā€™re probably more feudalistic than some periods in history, though less than others.

Also, I think it depends a lot on the new technology?

When you invent something really cheap, itā€™s more shit for everybody.
When you invent something expensive, itā€™s expensive shit for the rich.

thatā€™s worse

Most of the lucrative shit arenā€™t really all that elastic, because thereā€™s limited supply.

Automation, cloud services, fusionā€¦
Whoever owns the tech owns all. And most of the world will continue to live in poverty.

Whoever owns the tech is a billionaire.

But, if itā€™s made out of cheap mass produced stuff, then it means more shit for poor people too.

The greatest culmination of modern technology is the Smart Phone, and everyone has one.

The 2nd greatest is probably the COVID vaccine, which also everyone has, unless theyā€™re a Republican.

Up to a point. The poor people still need to be able to afford it.

Half the children under 5 die of malnutrition and hunger every year.
Yes, dumb nationalism and corruption are at fault here. but even in America poverty still plagues us.

The fact is, when something brilliant gets created, it doesnā€™t become free. Anything thatā€™s not free will eventually be the source of corruption and greed.