Funny and SFW

5 Likes

4 Likes

I might have mentioned this before but at a HS reunion, they asked for the most interesting job.

I said, “I’m an actuary. I count dead people.”

I won.

4 Likes

even better, – “I’m an actuary. I count dead people, while they are still alive"

10 Likes

8 Likes

^^ That’s me!

1 Like

3 Likes

6 Likes

I appreciate them thinking of me on days when I want to try something spicy and splurge for the “White People 'Hot” option

I wish levels of hot were more standardized. My favorite place here in KS, I get ‘hot’ and it’s really not bad, I should ask for ‘Thai hot’ and see what I get. But my go-to Thai place in Denver, I’d get ‘medium’ and some days I regretted it.

ETA: if you’re ever in Denver, it’s the US Thai Cafe. It’s a complete hole in the wall, so you will not be impressed when you arrive, but trust me. Fun fact: I went there once with Frenchie, Oblivious, and Ditka.

2 Likes

Lol. I just say “look at me, what do you think”.
I did this at an Arabic place once when a guy asked me if I wanted 1 through 5 lines of hit sauce. His response was “ok, a quarter of a line lol”.

4 Likes

8 Likes

You mean you didn’t take them to Casa Bonita?

1 Like

:rofl:

SFW since not from cashier’s POV.

4 Likes

I was in Germany for a few months, and most Germans generally have an aversion to anything fiery. I would ask for very spicy at restaurants, and get served the blandest food anyway. I tried asking for very spicy at a Thai place there once, and they hurt me with the level of heat. After that I frequented the place often, but I learned how to order to get the spice level I wanted.

Mexican food there was the strangest. It had zero spice. Rice was served as a side, and it had something resembling sweet and sour sauce poured on top. I asked for some salsa to spice things up, but they didn’t have any. I then asked for pickled jalapenos, which they did have but looked somewhat incredulous that I would eat that with my food. One of the Germans I was eating with tried a slice of one and thought he was going to die.

1 Like

Many, many years ago my to be wife and I were talked into going into dinner with my to be SiL, her to be ex-husband and his friends. Love her, they were all douches I didn’t want to hang with.

Went for Chinese. While waiting for meal, I loaded a noodle with mustard and ate it. They looked at me like I was nuts.

I told them this isn’t Chinatown, this is Long Island, this stuff is like Guldens.

Anyway after they all started sweating from their eyeballs, I started to have a good time

4 Likes

I went to a Thai place a couple of summers ago and had a funny episode.
There were some things on the menu with a chili pepper next to it, and a few with two chili peppers next to it. I ordered one with two chili peppers. The chef came out from the kitchen to check if I was sure, and that it was really spicy. I said, yes, I was sure. That was a mistake. I managed to finish it, but it was a battle, and I was rather sweaty by the end. But, it was a good story my kids still tell.

1 Like

2 Likes

Oh yeah, Germans can’t do Mexican food at all. I was there for 2 years and have no memories of anything really spicy.