Funny and SFW

I have never heard of this intriguing development. :popcorn:

I grew up with the canned stuff. Honestly didn’t know if came in another form til I was in my 20s. But having gone to real cranberry sauce some time ago I’m never going back.

Are u saying the real stuff is not the jellied stuff? Jellied works for.me

My family started making a horseradish cranberry sauce several years back and that’s by far my favorite now. It sounds strange but it’s fantastic IMO.

1 Like

Mmm. Add tang to the tang. Recipe?

Empty a 12 oz bag of fresh or frozen cranberries into a saucepan and transfer 1/2 cup to a small bowl.
Add 1 cup sugar, 1 strip orange or lemon zest and 2 tablespoons water to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries.
Fold in 3/4 cup sour cream and 1 to 2 teaspoons horseradish.
Chill before serving.

8 Likes

I made this a few years ago. It was very tasty, but my family is boring AF and didn’t eat any of it. I still love the canned stuff, so it’s fine.

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

I know this one, actually, I just read an article about it. The top and bottom are switched around for cranberry sauce so that when the can is filled, the air bubble that forms on the top is on the opposite side from where the can is opened later. The sauce slides out more easily when the vacuum seal is broken with a knife. If they were filled from the bottom up and opened from the traditional top, there would be no vacuum seal to break and it would be a mess to get out of the can.

3 Likes

2 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-11-24 at 12.52.17 PM

Left out the picture heading when I first posted it.

2 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes