Funny and SFW

6 Likes

I don’t really get it. I mean, I see that the punctuation is different…and that the bottom picture lady has blue creepy eyes and a really big booger stretching to her ear…but I’m not hip now with it and wow up on all the latest drug terms.

You only need to be in touch with sci-fi to get this

1 Like

On Arrakis we will use desert power.

1 Like

5 Likes

4 Likes

Now I need to know French to get your jokes!?

3 Likes

Merde alors, Dan!!!

1 Like

I don’t get it…other than the reference to crocodile dunder mifflin…but Ms Turner wants to know what’s pipe got to do with it?

:laughing: I don’t think I need google translate for that one

Same here. Why french? Why a pipe? I have a feeling there’s a mashup kinda thing going on here, Crocodile Dundee meets X, but I dunno what X is.

…P(Meep’s sense of humor is just that elevated) > P(Meep just trolling us now) > 0 though.

3 Likes

Uh oh. You don’t know the meep rules:

1.) meep is not going to explain jokes
2.) meep is also not going to remind people that meep will not explain jokes

1 Like

No I’m aware, thus my referencing her sense of humor being more elevated than mine. Though maybe she’ll take pity on the fact that my brain is now wrapped around this like when you can’t get a song out of your head and it’s totally keeping me from studying.

…not me procrastinating by being on GoA. This specifically. Promise.

I have an insidious goal: to expose people to some frickin cultural literacy

You guys seem pretty good at figuring this stuff out as a group project, though, so, I’ll leave you to it

additional: I’ll link to this cross-stitch designer’s listing. Love his stuff

1 Like

https://publicdelivery.org/magritte-not-a-pipe/

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m only familiar with it because of godel escher bach

1 Like

There’s lots of cultural info I’ve picked up solely from the Simpsons and MST3K.

I think it’s just fine to learn a lot of culture through jokes.

Separately, I convinced my middle child that TMBG’s “The Statue Got Me High” is about Don Giovanni (it’s not, but…)

There was a time when I knew of certain “popular” songs only through Weird Al’s polka medleys.

3 Likes

“My, My this here Anakin guy, may be Vader someday later, now he’s just a small fry…”

1 Like