Funny and SFW

I once got a boilerplate email “Thank you for your application, but we have decided to go with a different candidate for the position of XYZ Hot Shot. We will keep your resume on file and will notify you if it appears that you are a good fit for a future opportunity with ABC Company.”

The email came almost four years after I had applied. I was like, uh yeah, I kinda figured! :rofl:

It was a tech company too. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

He’s been waiting for the job way longer than that… he became heir apparent shortly after his third birthday, and his mother made him Prince of Wales when he was maybe 8?

Longest tenure as heir apparent, longest tenure as Prince of Wales, oldest Prince of Wales, oldest heir apparent, oldest person to ascend to the British throne in history.

Guess that happens when your parent is one of the younger persons to assume the throne and goes on to have the longest reign in UK history.

Yep, he beat Victoria’s son (Edward VII) by quite a lot, as he was not even born until more than 4 years into her reign and her reign was about 6 years shorter than Elizabeth’s.

Without checking I would assume that Edward VII is second after Charles III on most of those scores, with the possible exception of oldest to ascend to the throne (he was only 59 when he became king, but he had been heir apparent from the day he was born).

7 Likes

That’s a good candidate for:
https://community.goactuary.com/t/shit-that-didnt-make-sense-even-for-kids-but-we-just-went-along-with/

1 Like

I actually got an email back 8 YEARS after I had applied for a job…

…to be fair, what I think had happened was that somebody had triggered a system purge because they were replacing it (this was a university – I had applied to be an adjunct in the math dept.)

1 Like

or does this belong in Happy Thoughts?

6 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

alternatively, “how to move a body without leaving fingerprints”