Funny and SFW

4 Likes

5 Likes

I laughed so hard I almost rear-ended him

3 Likes

7 Likes

Now that’s a place with a good burger. Had forgotten all about Mr C’s.

1 Like

Closest to $6 / gal I could find online was 5 L of Franzia at Target for $12.99.

That works out to $9.83 / gal. Cheaper even than “two buck chuck” but still more expensive than gas.

Now maybe on a military base where there’s no state tax on the wine…. Of course there’s no tax on the gas either…

5 Likes

3 Likes

There are plenty of companies that do this!

Seriously!

Here is one:

The pockets are HYUGE. I have been able to put my kindle in one of those pockets.

I find Duluth clothing to generally have more pockets than other brands.

1 Like

Drove the car to church, shocked when the priest told him to get the H out there

1 Like

Have you see the article about the find of polar explorer Ernest Shackleton’s ship HMS Endurance.

From the article I read:

The ship, which sank in 1915, is 3,008 meters (1.9 miles or 9,842 feet) deep in the Weddell Sea, a pocket in the Southern Ocean along the northern coast of Antarctica, south of the Falkland Islands.

The bold emphasis is mine. Does Antarctica have anything but a northern coast?

8 Likes

I see your point. All the antarctic coast is, by definition, northern coast.

1 Like

Yes (see map below)

Not so . . .

One might note that there are lots of east-facing and west facing coasts in the Ross and Weddell Seas. They’re just not in a form that other continents have.

But I do agree that the majority of the coast line is north-facing.

1 Like

But if I said something was in the Atlantic Ocean off the southern coast of the United States would you think I was talking about somewhere off the coast of Connecticut or Rhode Island?

1 Like

Not that far from New Zealand to Brazil

9 Likes

I had a car that was so old and beat up, that when the tank was empty I declared it totaled

1 Like

The US doesn’t contain a pole . . . and suffers from the use of Euclidean geometry when traveling along lat & long lines as an approximation of what is actually traveled in an elliptical geometry space.

The same cannot be said in Antarctica; so I don’t think it appropriate to use the same “thinking” when discussing directional references.