Favorite professional fonts

Mostly fixed-width fonts. People who use those get paid more you know.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the Lucida family of fonts.

The problem starts when my company does an upgrade to the Office apps and I lose my personalized settings. (Doesn’t happen all that often, but it’s a pain when it does.)

1 Like

You too good for Ransom Note font or something???

1 Like

Comic Sans or gtfo

3 Likes

Sorry.

Wingdings2



3 Likes

Long time ago, I used the Riverside font to add my name to footers in printouts, as it looked similar to my signature.
One day, a new windows/office suite was installed and it was gone.

Good news these days is that I do not make stuff for people who require aesthetics anymore. So, Times New Roman is my go-to, for me to read.

Almost all my work is in Inspira, which I think might be a GE specific font – but it’s quite nice.

Times New Roman!

Although I think I’ve grown more happy with Calibri

Baptismal font at St. Patrick’s in NYC. Can’t get more professional than this…

6 Likes

If I think the product will be printed and read, I’ll use TNR. If meant to be read on the screen I use Calibri. Most of our docs were prepared using Arial, but I always change it.

those are my big 3. im boring

Hieroglyphs are where it’s at; or so I’ve been told.

1 Like

Cuneiform of GTFO

1 Like

About a year ago, I switched from using Calibri as my default font to using Roboto (available in variable and fixed width versions) for personal communications.

However at work, corporate branding standards oblige us to use Arial for most communications. :nauseated_face:

At least I convinced the branding folks to adjust the official Office color palette to one that is more accessible for color-blind individuals.

I like Arial (size 10 please) and hate Calibri.

I 2nd the Lucida set of fonts. They work well together if your looking for different fonts on the same page. I’ve used Tahoma as it seems easy to read. Verdana fits that bill as well. I 'm not a fan of tight thin fonts due to my crappy eyesight. I did a quick check it looks like Palatino Linotype is a wider version of Times New Roman.

Palatino : Apple/Mac :: Times New Roman : IBM PC’s

Hmmm, not in Excel. :\

I’m gonna have to check these out

Roboto (and many others) are available for download from Google’s webfonts collection.

It looks decent, is distinctive for being subtly different than the standard fonts in Windows/Mac/Office 365, is one of the easier-to-read fonts, and is more-complete glyph-wise than many alternative fonts. (I need the full range of European, Greek, and Cyrillic characters for personal correspondence.)

The downside is that you have to embed the font in documents you send out, and Outlook displays Times New Roman if an email recipient doesn’t have it installed. But it is easy to invoke Google webfonts for other online media.