Fall 2020 Exam 7 Sitting

They publish a release schedule in advance and stick to it. I think that’s the key point. It’s not about the time we have to wait, its the uncertainty. The SOA also doesn’t have fellowship exams 2 months after prior results are released.

Just pretend we’re getting results 12 weeks from the end of the original sitting (12/9). That’d be March 3rd.

That’s no way to reach 1,000 posts
:judge:

Which is exactly what I said yest. Lol

The SOA also offers all upper levels twice a year I believe…

That’s a good point. Hopefully we’ll be there before long.

Every time my phone rings i assume its the CAS

At this point results monday would be a victory

The way VA describes it almost makes me wonder if it is just sitting on everyone’s desk, in the do later pile.

1 Like

This is accurate.

If the exam committee were actuarial employees of a company, they’d be fired for the vagueness of their projections. (This probably isn’t accurate).

1 Like

We should make an ASOP regarding releasing exam results.

ASOP 101 - Communication with Actuarial Candidates

1 Like

Lol. Now you’re starting to lose it. People just need to do their jobs. It’s that simple.

I really think the CAS does a bad job being transparent with candidates. Not just about exams.

I feel like we keep forgetting these are volunteers doing this on the side for a non-profit professional organization. It’s no one’s job.

1 Like

I agree, it’s volunteers. I don’t hold the communication aspect on the volunteers though. That is really the office of 8 people. They have a communications person too! I think.

In what other ways are they not transparent

I have already stated my gripes about the appeals process.

I think their communication regarding the potential merger wasn’t great. Especially since they excluded the segment of people most affected.

Also, everyone should be clear that the CAS is an organization that doesn’t try to make money, but they make a pretty penny every year. Their Capital keeps increasing significantly.

How would the CAS know this? And how is this even relevant?

Appeals are part of the exam process. I was in a committee and they wouldnt let us complain about the exams but they wanted other complaints. The merger thing was too controversial to bring up. The main point is its difficult to find ways to volunteer that are a Low time commitment