Excel (and other Microsoft Office) memes

I am going to put tangentially-related stuff here now

1 Like

2 Likes

6 Likes

Google sheets is great for stuff where you’re not doing serious calculations but multiple people need to update. It’s annoying to have to log that I completed something and someone else is in the spreadsheet where we track that. Yeah, there’s probably a better tool than a spreadsheet but that’s a hard sell to a bunch of spreadsheet monkeys.

1 Like

Which reminds me, I just updated this:

1 Like

This is the only acceptable use I’ve found thus far. To be fair, in my attempt to try out Sheets to see how I liked it, I discovered that it didn’t have the ‘trace dependents’ function and I kind of rage quit pretty quickly. Be better, Google Sheets.

1 Like

The graphs in Google sheets also suck.

Unlike Excel, google sheets is a completely inappropriate tool for rocket science.

Google sheets does have some features I wish Excel would implement. Yes, I would like to refer to all the cells B2 to the end of the column as B2:B, is that so hard to understand Excel?!

1 Like

I like google sheets as:

1. a casual task list / notepad / budget / passwords, etc. that is available anywhere, anytime.
  2. shared brainstorming space.
  3. shared data space.

Actually the same way I use gmail. Just more organized.

Yeah, it’s good for sharing data over Discord, where I can simply post a hyperlink and not have to swap email addresses or try to transfer workbooks through Discord.

Meh, I have no problem typing B2:B65536.

wat

You can also use an online excel workbook for doing stuff like this. I prefer it since it has the versatility of Excel with the shareability of Sheets

I just googled this, I had no idea.

Did-we-just-become-best-friends GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 Like

Fun fact. The Google workplace does not use any Microsoft products. So all their spreadsheet work is done in Sheets.

4 Likes

oh so that’s why they suck so much

3 Likes

so my friend went looking on redbubble…

2 Likes

Top left looks she passed out after too many linked spreadsheets.