Download a bunch of recipes

Hypothetically, if I had a subscription to a recipe site and wanted to indiscriminately download a bunch of their recipes before the renewal date, is there an easy way to do that?

Also, feel free to chime in on the ethics & legality of pursuing such actions.

Hypothetically…for a friend…

There’s recipe apps that will collate recipes from websites. You drop in a link and they download it in a uniform format to your machine. that’s what we use in our chromebook in the kitchen.

Yes, my friend is looking more towards “scraping” the website to get all of the recipes at once instead of having to go through them individually. One could easily print them all to pdf…one-by-one-by-one…but that’s a lot of work and my friend is on the lazier side of things. Admittedly, my friend is a bit shady and I probably shouldn’t hang around this person anymore.

1 Like

Per the TOS, are you allowed to save copies of the recipes for your personal use after your subscription has ended? If yes, then go ahead. Download as much as you can/want.

TOS not read, so I can’t answer your question, but the subscription has already ended, so it’s too late to do anything about it anyway.

How much was it? Can you sign up again?

Don’t remember…somewhere in the range of $(50 ± 49)/yr.

They’d be happy to have me as a customer again.

It’s not a big enough deal to worry about naymore nor anymore.

So either $99/yr or $1/yr?

Reminds me of a company wide meeting I had years ago where the CEO got up and said we hit our membership target. I don’t remember the exact numbers, but I remember the target was this huge spread, like 1M to 10M members. I thought it was hilarious that we set such a wide target for us to hit, and then we celebrated that we hit it.

1 Like

You post reminded of part of a Tom Segura joke. He’s talking about “The First 48” TV show. There’s a witness describing a suspect: Yeah, he’s like 5’4" to like 6’8". And he had ears, too.

1 Like