Doggo thread

She’s at the vet getting stitches.

5 Likes

I hope she heals in time for RPS - Echo’s gotta defend her title!! :crown:

2 Likes

Way more bandaging than I’d used. They repurposed an IV bag to put over it when taking her outside.

4 Likes

I think some super duper awesome doggo would luuuuuuuv some chikkinz from majik chikkinz stoar. Tastes gud and lotsa protein for healing wounds!!! Amirite, @Echo???

3 Likes

She might need to join the Wednesday weigh in thread. She’s no longer the underweight stray I brought home.

Memory. :dog:

1 Like

Too bad you’re not still 65 pounds.

When i get that bandage off you’ll think the back yard is a reenactment of the Somme. There will need to be a lot of throw ball and belly scratches to make up for this affront.:dog:

1 Like

How much does the dog weigh now? Mine is a little over 70, and she might be slightly underweight for her size.

2 Likes

She’s 71 pounds but should be about 65.

1 Like

She wears a repurposed IV bag as protection over her bandage when we go outside. It sounds like a flopping flat tire when she walks.

1 Like

Paw is healing nicely and bandaging is off. She still has to wear a bag over her foot when going outside, so the dog door remains locked.

3 Likes

The dog is not supposed to run or jump for another 10 days. Guess what she immediately did when I opened the back door?

She is whining for me to go out and play.

4 Likes

When putting on her boot for her last trip outside last night I noticed all her stitches were gone. They were not dissolvable stitches. Part of the wound is still open. Back at the vet to get more stitches.

I shake my head when people complain about adoption fees for pets being too high. That is the cheapest cost of owning a pet.

3 Likes

This is so flipping cool.

I don’t know how realistic the movie “A Beautiful Mind” was, but it helped me understand that people with schizophrenia really think they see what they’re seeing.

This dog, Luna, is trained to greet people, but, if there’s no one there (i.e., the human is hallucinating) the dog is trained to just sit there & stare at the person.

https://x.com/dog_rates/status/1765519754553360704?s=20

3 Likes

I saw that. Pretty cool!

1 Like

My dog is back to being whiny and high maintenance, so there’s that. She is so happy to run again.

5 Likes

It is said that dogs grow to resemble their owners. More chicken, she whined. :dog:

3 Likes

Is this also Happy Thoughts/Case studies with obvious results?
We are indeed good dogs

4 Likes