DNGAF Friday

Deck actuaralizing is peak performance imo

2 Likes

Had 2 things on my wish list today and got them both done much quicker than expected. I might be cease GAF at work and start GAF at the golf course around 3 this afternoon.

2 Likes

Same here. But vacation is later this month so there’s that.

1 Like

It IS my first Friday in an actual office though…with windows even…O_O. There are THINGS OUTSIDE! And I can see them! Cube farm no more!

6 Likes

It is hot out there!! If there’s a breeze, mebbe I’ll actuarialize on the deck this aft. :hot_face:

I used to say my career goal was to sit next to a window, especially at a prior employer that had offices all around the outside there were days when it had downpoured and I had no idea until I drove home from work. Now I sit next to a window (at home)!

There’s a restaurant down in Florida that has a window on casters and they will roll it to your table so you can have a “window” seat!!! :laughing:

2 Likes

Going to sbux for a cool, iced something-or-other and continuing to GAF mildly there. :ice_cube: :coffee: :yum:

2 Likes

Lots of F to give today, but it’s really interesting stuff…trying to make sense of some industry white papers to cobble together a model.

2 Likes

Finished my important stuff but based on a meeting I have Monday I’m gonna work on this cool actuarial project I have. Calculating A to E’s and stuff on a newish product that I priced.

3 Likes

Closed up shop for the day. IDNGAF. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I have work to do today but no looming deadlines or heavy cognitive load.

3 Likes

This week has been super busy and will have to GAF until mid-afternoon but looking forward to losing all Fs then…

1 Like

Meeting with the accountables this aft and a regular update call with the software folks. The GAF-o-meter should hit 0 by 4:00ish.

ETA: The call with the software folks is postponed. Daddy’s gonna finish out the afternoon on the deck!!! :sunglasses:

G-ing a F all day today because next week is finals week and I have to hold students’ hands and tell them it’s all going to work out just fine.

Next couple weeks there will be minimal Fs so it’s all good.

2 Likes

I’ve given quite a few Fs this week to get a couple of things knocked out. Been staring way too much at Excel. I asked Finance how urgent their next ask is and they said next week is fine, so I’m not killing myself to get that done today. All for the best, a little extra time for QA is probably smart.

So I’m going to look at that project a bit and start transforming the data, but I’m pretty much done caring this week.

4 Likes

Gotta GAF today: I got :poop: to do and Q2 2023 is approaching. :grimacing: :tired_face: :broken_heart: :scream: :confounded:

1 Like

So far , today, I’ve sent out an overly-wordy email.

Still using chatGPT?

1 Like

I went to bed after 2 last night and had a 9:15 call, so I rolled out of bed at 9:10 and tried to put underwear on over the underwear I was already wearing. I just finished nonstop meetings for the afternoon, I might be able to stop giving F’s now.