DNGAF Friday

I remember when I heard about “Summer Bank Holiday” and “Spring Bank Holiday” and I’m thinking… wtf, you guys have over 1,000 years of history and you can’t find a reason to celebrate that time of year other than some placeholder name?

Sure enough Summer Bank Holiday (per google) looks to be… August 28… Elizabeth I’s birthday was… September 7… move it a week and it stops being a silly holiday!

At least you didn’t have curly hair. That would’ve been grounds for termination…

I know a woman who was told her natural curly hair was not professional. She wasn’t at risk of being terminated, as far as I know, but was given this feedback in a “if you want to advance here, fix this” kind of way. It’s bull poopoo.

2 Likes

What in the actual f***?

I will say my last company had a culture where you wouldn’t be fired for something like this, but you might not advance if your image wasn’t what they wanted.

Current company DNGAF, we have engineers with blue hair and they get promoted.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: are you gize hiring?!?!?! :heart_eyes:

A bit, but so far just the one actuarian.

First thing that comes to mind is elderly lady engineers…not that it couldn’t be true…just that’s the first thing that comes to mind

1 Like

i know a guy who intentionally permed his hair for laughs, knowing it was “unprofessional” (whatever that really means - it isn’t in the code of conduct or ASOPs). turns out being a white guy is awesome, everyone should try it.

3 Likes

:bump:
Today is Friday for me. Why do I still GAF?

4 Likes

More like tommie.fro-zier, amirite?!?!?

Friday before long weekend feels like a Super Friday

2 Likes

I just put it into the ‘Other’ category and move on.

The gubmint didn’t put an “Other” line in the regulatory statement. It would make things so much simpler!!! :-1:

1 Like

I have way too many filings and not enough time. Got one out this morning and it would be great to get a couple more finished.

The next one up wants a “redline” on my rate manual. Does Excel even do a redline? The rates are exactly x% under the previous rates. Sheesh! Just open both of them and you’ll see!

Oooh, maybe I could get my new intern to do it. Hey, Mikey!

Company day off today.

3 Likes

Gotta put together some process documentation. And I wanna hit the Italian bakery this aft for some panini and dinner rolls!!

We get an early release, and I’m working in bed.

I do have to grade later tonight, but that’s on my own time.

So many NSFW places we could go with that statement…

4 Likes

Nearly half my team took today off, so I’m struggling to find F’s to give.

2 Likes

It’s the last school day of our year, so I’m struggling to not find Fs to give. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like