Dentist getting in on the overcharge racketeering

let’s just please ignore the $20’charge. OMG!
My anxiety can only take so much trivial shit!!!

I don’t know. I look at my plan’s reimbursement rates for basic services and wonder how my dentist gets by.

they make it up in volume

Exactly, this is why it’s so silly.

Dental insurance for one is a farce, insuring the lower severity part of the distribution. I wish I wasn’t paid in part in dental premium and I could just self insure dental but you can’t in America because we have this silly system where if you’re not in some insurer’s club then you don’t get to pay a market rate.

My dentist is a solo practitioner and does everything but the office stuff herself. The amount she gets reimbursed vs the time she spends on a cleaning appears insufficient to me for overhead etc.

Cleanings and filings cover the office expenses. Crowns, root canals, and more extensive work make the dentists paycheck.

If you have the business sense to build up a large practice, it’s probably really good money.

Drills, rivets, same difference.

5 Likes

Hello, fellow human! You seem to enjoy human things. I, too, enjoy human things. Let’s exchange links.

5 Likes

What is the search program for these things: “Find a page with the word ‘dentist.’ Then post.”
Also, why isn’t someone checking the accounts before allowing them to post?

Why yes, this kid needs to get off my lawn!!

Darn the luck: I have an appointment with my own dentist tomorrow morning. And Dr. G would require me to cross an international border as part of a looooong road trip.

Maybe we could check the dental services offered at www.soa.org or www.casact.org :toothbrush: :smile: :tooth:

1 Like

bad bot. Bad!

1 Like