Deleted threads

I think OPs should be able to delete. With the latter situation given above, report the new one and/or screen shot and message the mods.

I think you might be misremembering. Or you and I had different limited power mod powers.

I could move threads OUT of the forums that I moderated, but I couldn’t move anything INTO the forums I moderated, except, from one forum I moderated to another forum I moderated.

I mostly just modded Political. (I had mod powers a couple of other places, but 99% of my modding was done in Political.) I did not have mod powers in NAT or The Reef.

If I thought a thread in Political needed to be reefed, I could do that because the thread was in Political and I could mod a Political thread. But if it was later decided that I was wrong to reef the thread, I had no power to un-reef it. Someone with mod powers in The Reef would have to do that. (Which I believe was only Tom and the full mods.)

If I thought a thread in NAT belonged in Political, I couldn’t move it into Political because I had no power to mod an NAT thread. (I’d report such threads and ask a full mod to move them.)

Not misremembering; I had mod powers in both “locations,” but the scope of that power was very different. IIRC, I had the expanded powers in CAS General, but not in any of the Exam-specific forums.

1 Like

I came here looking for that thread as I thought some of the comments in response were helpful. I think smart people refuting silly propaganda might help reduce the number of times people forward absolute garbage, or at least help them think more critically

Oh, my sweet summer child.

I agree with Arthur. My mother has no concept of how much crap is on the internet and fact-checks nothing.

So when I point out that the stuff she posts on Facebook are hoaxes, she will take them down. Then fewer people get exposed to the nonsense, and it very slightly slows the misinformation train. At a minimum, at least one person (my mother) understands that the meme/article was wrong. And some of her intelligent but gullible friends fall into the same category.

She’s to the point where she’s starting to recognize the most obvious hoaxes. Costco isn’t giving her a $75 gift card for sharing the post… that sort of thing. And she’s a little better informed about political misinformation.