Daydreaming

Oh you guys, I said I USED TO do it. I have a cute husband now. S’all good.

I have some time off planned for next week, will attempt to schedule some time to daydream. Maybe I’ll imagine a life where I’m not a bumbling idiot.

Isn’t it depressing? Like waking up from a really great dream where something you’ve been hoping for happened, and you realize nothing has changed?

I also daydream quite a bit. Not about living another life, but things like what if this happened? Or what if I started doing this how would it play out? etc. More like playing out scenarios for the future. Sometimes I make them happen because I enjoy the vision so much.

Yes!

I wouldn’t schedule time to daydream…

…I’d schedule time to sleep.

Jeez, I need sleep

I do this, too, but don’t think of it as daydreaming.

You had me at Kevin James. I enjoyed that movie.

Right before I fell asleep the other night I realized I’d forgotten to attach a slide to my pdf. That was depressing.

Yeah, my mind wanders often, but it’s usually thinking through a problem (which can include playing through the potential consequences) or recalling something that’s happened (someone cuts me off in traffic and it really unnerves me, will replay it over and over in my head).

Is that the same as daydreaming? It feels very practical, as opposed to enjoyable.

And you still fell asleep?

:laughing: fortunately so, although I quickly sent an update the next morning

1 Like