= = =
2 3 9
2 4 8
2 5 7
= = =
3 4 7
3 5 8
= = =

We clearly have the 1-3-10 triplet for either the NE side or the SE side; with the 10 in the middle spot. Since there are not triplets with 3 and 8, this places 1-3-10 on the SE side.

Cannot use the 1-5-8 triplet with the starting diagram; so we have the 2-4-8 sequence for the NW side. Since there are no triplets with 1 and 2, this places the 4 in the top-most point.

This now eliminates the 1-6-7 triplet from consideration. Likewise, the 2-3-9 triplet is eliminated as the 2 and 3 are too far apart.

This leaves the 2-5-7 for the SW sideā€“with 7 in the middleā€“and 3-5-6 for the S side with 6 in the middle.

:man_shrugging: Itā€™s a daily calendar, so I donā€™t think they are meant to be solved in one sitting. I did solve that one pretty quick. Didnā€™t attempt the crossword puzzle yet.

You gotta spoiler that stuff!

I figure a daily calendar should take all day for each one?

YO, PATIENT ZOMBIE:

1. Highlight solution.
  2. Click the gear icon (farthest to the right in the typing area box).
  3. Click ā€œHide Details.ā€

Maybe for the average person, but not for the average Actuary! :sgrover:

yep, sorry

Hereā€™s an interesting one.

1/15/21 - New Subdivision
Subdivide this region along the grid lines into non-overlapping squares and rectangles. Each rectangle or square must contain exactly one number that indicates how many cells make up its area.

1/15/21

Solution

I started with the 12 box, and realized pretty quick that with the 6 to the right there was one way that made sense (probably other possibilities, but one way popped out at me). Then I just went around the grid seeing what else would fit. I made a couple mistakes in the top right corner before I figured out there was only one way that made sense with the 8 and 9 in column J.

Summary

||||||||||

8 4 4
8 6
12 6 2

how do you copy & pasted the color?

Summary

I actually started in the lower right, the 2 left little variability

I donā€™t know that you can copy/paste the color. Iā€™m taking screenshots and pasting them in. Works really well, much better than the AO did.

Summary

btw, I added the numbers in the grid to make sure they were not greater than the area, based on the wording it seemed possible

got it - thanks

Ok, now Iā€™ll post the next two and wait for someone else to solve them so I actually get some work done.

1/16/21 - Gridlock
Place the eight letters into the grid to form eight 3-letter words: three going across, three going down, and two on the long diagonals from top to bottom. The ninth letter has been placed to get you started.
Letters: A, D, D, D, E, I, L, O

1/17/21 - White Out
A bag contained 80 marbles, and 80% of them were white and the remainder were green. Some of the white marbles were removed from the bag, and after this, 60% of the marbles in the bag were white. How many white marbles were removed from the bag?

I couldnā€™t help myself and solved the 2nd one - it just seemed too easy. But Iā€™ll let someone else post the solution.

Summary

|||

A D O
L I D
L E D
Summary

40 white removed

1/17/21 Solution

64 W, 16 G
Let X = number of white balls removed
(64-X)/(80-X) = 0.6
64-X = 48-0.6X
16=0.4X
40=X

Truth is that to me the crossword style puzzles are exceedingly difficult to me. I lack skills for crosswords. The math problems like the count-the-boxes grid was very easy, and the marble problem (sorry DTNF) was so easy I could do it in my head leaving no reason to actually try to write it down. I find the same issue with so called ā€œmensaā€ tests. The math/number/logic/spacial reasoning problems are easy enough, but the word problems just baffle me.

Even the 1/9/21 puzzle I was more comfortable using the number 1 thru 10 than the letters A thru J

I love cross words, acrostics, crptoquotes (I do those in my head), scrabble, words with friends. Love puzzles of all types