Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

06/25/2022 Fresh Kitty

I replace the kitty litter every third day, but never in-between. Under this rule, what is the maximum number of days in July that I will replace the kitty litter?

06/26/2022 Profit Margin

In this word ladder, go from GAIN to LOSS in five steps, changing one letter at a time to form a common English word at each step. We found two solutions.

G A I N
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
_ _ _ _
L O S S

Yeah, bet was the one I was least confident in, but I thought it kind of fit the theme.

Enough about my personal life already!

Ok, I can see you trying to lead me in a new directionā€¦

Now you are back on the original track, and I donā€™t need to keep hearing about it.

Yeah, I donā€™t generally win in games of randomness.

3 Likes

6/25

Summary

1 Like

Ah. Iā€™d stopped posting, thinking nobody really cared anymore. Iā€™ve been continuing my way through the pages (and had been quite a bit ahead all the way). If you want, Iā€™ll post more, except I threw out all the pages before 9/9.

I enjoy doing them. I think most of the time, the solution is fairly obvious without the answer page.

Or do you mean the questions are also gone?

The questions are gone too. But thatā€™s OK, at the rate I wasnā€™t posting, time will catch up anyway. Thereā€™ll be a new one tomorrow if I have time.

i like them. but

if somone already answered i donā€™t bother

if someone responds with a blurred comment, and no date iā€™ll assume they are answered.

most are easy i try to answer first, not just to answer

if busy i will skip

if you post at the end of the day, i wonā€™t bother

6/26

GAIN
LAIN (weakā€¦)
LAWN
LAWS
LASS
LOSS

Similar for me.

-I enjoy them as a distraction at times.
-I donā€™t check every day (or even close).
-If someone has already answered, I will probably just skip it, unless I have a ton of time
-I like the logic puzzles best, so will sometimes do those in any case, but again if someone has posted the answer, I may just like their answer and wonā€™t post.
-I do find most of them to be pretty easy. More going through motions than a challenge, but sometimes Iā€™m looking for a distraction.

this

and I have had 4 business trips and one personal since beginning of June, so hardly noticed they stopped

09/09/2022 Hiss and Cat

Find a rhyme for each word below to form a common phrase of paired words connect by the word ā€œandā€. For example, HISS and CAT becomes THIS and THAT.

1. SHAWL and LOCKET
  2. SPLITS and CREASES
  3. SHED and PUTTER
  4. FLAT and HOUSE
  5. SLAMMER and TICKLE
  6. WINGS and SPARROWS
  7. SCAR and LEATHER
  8. CARTS and DRAFTS
Summary
  1. ball & pocket? pool / ball & socket? joint
  2. bits & pieces
  3. bread & butter
  4. cat & mouse
  5. hammer & sickle
  6. slings & arrows
  7. tar & feather
  8. arts & crafts
1 Like

Correct!

I thought about adding FITS and WIGGLES to the list just for FITS and WIGGLES.

Oh, yeah. And theirs was ball and socket.

This. I still check every post update.

09/10/2022 Party Sandwiches

At our party, the 84 guests were served small fancy party sandwiches. Some guests ate three little sandwiches each, and the rest ate five little sandwiches each. In all, 290 sandwiches were eaten. How many of the 84 guests ate five sandwiches?