CAS Disciplinary Report - Exams

Yeah, I found those when I went searching. But having the public discipline announcements scattered across countless Actuarial Reviews is less than ideal. It’s technically public discipline – not quite as bad as putting all the planning charts and demolition orders on display at the local planning department in Alpha Centauri, but not what I would call transparent.

Or possibly changing results. Do we know if the data accessed was read-only?

Yeah, that’s how it used to be done for the SOA/AAA in the pre-internet age. It was a notice in whatever the main publication for the org was.

It is helpful when there’s a single page, in case a non-actuary needed to go look something like this up.

If a candidate could see someone else’s grades and change them, the CAS might as well close up shop and give a letter of complete unconditional surrender to the SOA.

1 Like

What if the hack was perpetuated by the SOA?

The first draft of such a letter was written a few years ago, remember? I doubt you can still find a link to it in the CAS website, though.
Stronger As One: The Casualty Actuarial Society and Society of Actuaries Explore a Combination | SOA

2 Likes

My point stands x infinity.

1 Like

I can confirm access was read-only. Basically those people gained access to their official .pdf grade sheet early. Not some hacking of the databases with actual information being stored.

That’s good to hear

Holy :poop:!!! This really happened??? I gotta see the final report!!! :open_mouth:

Anybody hear what was in the final report?