Bridge: Up for a challenge?

Procrastinator wins the regular challenge with +22.25, by 14. I win the declare-only with 57.03%, by 2.34%. Both reissued

Doubling may not pay off, especially if it tips off how to play the trumps. If CHO makes the same lead against 5D X, I think declarer can make 6 and perhaps should make 5. Or they could run to 5H, which should be down 1, but likely would make if defense does not start with 2 clubs.

Lose by 17 to NN. Would have been only 4 if I had given the correct response to Blackwood. Reissued

ETA: lose to procrastinator by 25, win by 23 vs AA. Both reissued

EATA: I win the regular challenge, with +16.00 by 9.50. Oirg wins the declare-only with 52.08%, by 1.04%. Both reissued

EATA: win by 5 vs NN. Reissued

EATA: win by 10 vspeocrastinator. Lose by 18 to AA. Both reissued

EATA: NN wins the regular challenge with +27.50, by 3.25. I win the declarer-only, with 62.50%, by 4.17%. Both reissued

EATA: lose by 14 to NN. Reissued

I win by 7 vs procrastinator, thanks to a misclick. Against 4H, I intended to lead partner’s bid diamond suit. Instead I clicked on a club. Partner ruffed, the only way to beat the contract, for 13 imps. I win by 6 vs AA. Both reissued

NN wins the regular challenge with +17.25, by 15.00. Oirg wins the declare-only with 57.03%, by 3.12%. Both will be reissued this evening.

Somewhat tainted victory vs NN by 2. Last board was a push because he beat 2S however declarer played, while I defeated it only because declarer was brain dead.

NOT reissued yet. There’s a regional in the Philadelphia this week, so I’ll have less time. I’ll reissue the group challenges only. Individual challenges later.

Win by 1 vs procrastinator. Timed out after 11 boards against AA. Would be very surprised if I was down significantly, but nothing especially good had happened either. As noted, due to regional in Phila this week, not reissuing yet.

oirg wins the regular challenge with +13.25, by 4.00. procrastinator wins the declare-only with 61.72%, by 7.03%. both reissued

Unfortunately we ended up in the top bracket (we were 7th of 9 teams by masterpoints) and finished 5th of 9 in the qualifying Swiss, so we aren’t playing today. I reissued the group challenges, but am still not reissuing the individual challenges until after the Regional.

NN wins the regular challenge with +17.75, by 13.00. I with the declare-only with 56.91%, by 2.34%. Both reissued

Unfortunately we again ended up in the top bracket, this time 9th of 9 teams by master points. Shouldn’t have happened, IMO. Minutes before game time we were 8th of 8 teams by master points in the top bracket. Then another team entered, with more points than any other team in the top bracket. There were only 2 brackets, with 7 teams in the 2nd bracket, and by master points we were not clearly either way (about 500 points below the team next above us, and about 700 above the team next below us). Logical move, IMO, would be two 8-team brackets, thus no 3-way matches. No, they kept it 9 and 7. We won only 2 of 6 swiss matches, and got eliminated.

I’ve reissued all the individual matches, but might hold off on some individual matches after that, since I’ve got to fly to Colorado for a wedding next weekend.

I win the regular challenge with +7.34, by 0.34. NN wins the declare-only with 53.13%, by 1.57%. Both reissued.

ETA: Lose to NN by 4, thanks to a 12-imp misclick by him; should have been 16. Lose to AA by 2. Both reissued.

procrastinator wins the regular challenge with +20.75, by 13.75. NN wins the declare-only with 62.50%, by 10.16%. Both reissued

Lose by 28 to AA, by 5 to NN. All individual challenges reissued

oirg wins the declare-only with 62.50%, the only score over 50%. I win the regular challenge with +22.02, by 4.01. Both reissued

ETA: lose by 34 to procrastinator. Win by 17 vs AA, by 29 vs NN. All reissued.

oirg wins the regular challenge with +25.50, by 20.00. I wouldn’t have been close to oirg anyway, but I can’t believe two incredible stupidities. One board, where clearly we belonged in 4H, I forget that I was in 3NT, and went down, cashing dummy’s stiff spade A (our only spade stopper) early to set up ruffs in dummy. Then on the last hand I failed to note that partner had made a takeout double of the opening 2D bid and passed it, making, losing only 2 imps because our normal spade contract goes down.

I win the declare-only with 63.21%, by 3.12%. Both reissued

ETA: Lose to AA by 1. Win vs NN by 28. Both reissued

EATA: win by 1 vs procrastinator. Reissued

procrastinator wins both group challenges: regular with +11.50 by 1.75. Declare-only with 65.60% by 7.82.

Board 13 of the Declare-only showed why matchpoints can be a silly game. Pushed, because all of us were down 1 in 6NT. That even though there was a reasonable chance of making the contract on a different line, vs about 0% as we played. But if the successful line had not worked, it was likely down 2 or more.

Meanwhile I beat AA by 13 and NN by 8, with both matches only 8 boards by mistake when I set the up.

All reissued.

ETA: Lose to procrastinator by 18. Win by 10 vs AA. Both reissued

EATA: Lose by 3 to NN. Who ever heard of declaring 5C 3 times in 16 boards. Each time he was in only 4. 1 was always making 5, 1 was never making 5 (as the cards lie), the other would have made 5 easily (on the defense I got, should not have had a chance) except that I remembered the bidding wrong. Reissued.

A narrow win for NN in the Declare-only. 57.81%, by 0.78%. oirg wins the regular challenge with +14.50, by 10.75. Both reissued

ETA: Win by 27 vs AA. Lose by 9 to procrastinator. Jumped out to an early lead against NN, but couldn’t hold on. Final was 54-1 All reissued.

procrastinator and AA tie for the win in the regular challenge with +8.00. procrastinator wins the declare-only with 55.47%, by 2.34%. Both reissued

Lose by 3 to AA. Win by 3 vs NN. Win by 11 vs AA. All reissued

procrastinator wins both group challenges. Regular with +20.25 by 6.50. Declare-only with 57.81% by 1.56%. :swear: AA and I should be aghast at what CHO did to us on board 9 of the regular challenge. We still would not be close to procrastinator, but we each were defending 3NT, which should be down on a club lead or a heart lead as long as CHO returns our suit. Not this time. I led a heart. He led a club. Neither worked. Both reissued

:nauseated_face:

Win by 25 vs AA. Reissued

ETA: lose to NN by 12. Win by 9 vs procrastinator. Both reissued

EATA: oirg wins the declare-only with 55.47%, by 1.56%. procrastinator wins the regular challenge with 14.50, by 8.00 Both reissued

Win by 28 vs AA. Could have been more except for 2 hands (could also have been less except for some others but those 2 were at least somewhat interesting.

One was a misclick by me. RHO opened 1D. AA quite reasonably overcalled 2C (pass would also be reasonable), reaching 3C making. I accidentally overcalled 2D. 3H in the 3-2 trump fit did not play well.

Other we held x AQxxxxx xxx xx. Both vol. Opening 3H is normal, and what AA bid, but I bid only 2. And I lost 4 imps in a totally unexpected manner. Over AA’s 3H, LHO jumped to 4S, making. But over 2H, he doubled, floated, -800. Hard to believe that by being more conservative with the opening I went for a number.

Reissued