"Biden's" first stimulus bill

Yeah, I think you can make the argument that $400K is too high (and I think the old limit was $150K) but I’d separate that from Covid relief. Especially because people losing jobs and losing a portion of income is difficult to decipher on a W-2.

If you have a $400K salary and lose your job in June and I have a $200K salary and keep my job all year, our W-2s are identical. Yet the government says you are entitled to government benefits and I am not. Because you experienced a loss and I didn’t.

1 Like

My brother was laid off and it took months for him to get his covid unemployment check. His employer’s layoffs made the local news, but they failed to give him the right piece of paper in a timely manner, and he couldn’t prove he’d been laid off. He said it was a damn good thing his wife was working and he didn’t actually need that money.

Just cut a check to everyone. Collect it back in higher taxes on those who have income this year. Any means barriers are going to be burdensome for those who are actually in need.

(And my friends with pre schoolers have all had issues with child care. Increasing the child care deduction, and not collecting back that extra money from them, seems quite reasonable.)

Why yes, i AM a fan of UBI and a graduated income tax. Why do you ask?

Just passed the house, headed to Joe for signature.

Jesse Ferguson
@JesseFFerguson
NEW Politico/MC Poll

Support for American Rescue Plan
Support: 75%
Oppose: 18%

Among Baby Boomers
Support: 74%
Oppose: 24%

Among Evangelical
Support: 74%
Oppose: 20%

Among Trump '20 Vters
Support: 55%
Oppose: 38%

Among GOpers
Support: 59%
Oppose: 35%

So naturally the bill got zero republican house members and zero republican senators to vote in favor of it.
Party of the working man indeed.

1 Like

They’ll still claim all the benefits are due to their hard work.
“Their will is a hammer they are using to beat reality into a shape of their choosing.” - Dan Olson
from In Search Of A Flat Earth - YouTube

Don Olson communicates the truth so well. This video reminds me of Rickson and they argument i had with him. He would not recognize the chaos due to his need for a simple villain.

What’s bothering the Republicans most is the .01% of the cost going to fund libraries, museums and the arts.