Benjamin Rage

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time

2 Likes

Thinking of two particular teachers from grade school, it would not shock me if at least one of them did exactly this.

I might have hated both of them. Might have celebrated when one of them died. Might really celebrate when the other one finally does.

Does anyone have footage of Clinton saying Bibi’s name? I want to see how he pronounced it.

You might be thinking of the “Warshington” way of saying “Washington”. It seems the r moved there from the “lieberry”.

Seriously, kids not 15 miles from where I grew up said “Warsh U” when asked where they would attend university.

Yeah it’s Warshington, I guess I was lucky he wasn’t on the test, it was Benjerman Franklin.

And I dunno what’d happen if Netanyahu was on it, probably Benjerman Netanyarhu or something.

Probably someone from Boston. Don’t they not pronounce ‘r’ when it is there sometimes and pronounce an ‘r’ when it isn’t there sometimes?

Re: old spelling test rages: in 6th grade, one of the words on the test was et cetera, which I spelled correctly. But the teacher had her daughter (also in 6th grade, but at a different school) grade the tests, and she scored it as wrong b/c the word on our spelling list (which I hadn’t looked at) was “etc.”

A woman I worked with years ago said her Bostonian husband pronounced Afta aftershave as “After aftashave”. Made me chuckle. :grin: