Been caught stealing

COVID really accelerated this trend further. I used to often pay for small purchases in cash. Lots of places stopped taking cash, so I changed my habits.

At least 2 of the big sports venues in my city no longer accept cash. They do have what I refer to as Reverse ATM’s: you put cash in the machine and it puts the value on a card to use.

Is she married to JFG?

I need a price check on two grapes

Yeah, I remember when pumps didn’t have a slot for your credit/debit card and to pay with a credit card you would give them your card and they put it in this machine that took an imprint of the raised numbers and you had to sign it and they gave you a carbon copy of it as the receipt.

And I don’t feel bad when I eat a grape from the bunch before buying to make sure they are worth the money.

I was a little shocked the first time I saw someone giving their kid a can of pop to drink or opening the bag of cookies or chips to keep the kid quiet while they shopped and then paid for it on the way out.

The lives of actuaries have greatly improved since the advent of ATMs, self service gas pumps and self service supermarket checkouts.

6 Likes

The parents are paying for the entire can of “pop”, bag of cookies or chips. No harm, no foul
But on the other hand, eating grapes which are sold by weight based on a scale at checkout…

(I think you might have stumbled on the topic of entire new thread.)

Obligatory Simpsons vid:

When you lead with the tuna, I was thinking My Cousin Vinny