Balsamic vinegar recommendations?

@Mathman Any chance you have a farmer’s market or a store that lets you sample the vinegars before buying? I know that Po life, I’ve been blessed with available vinegars at least. It’s nice to suss out the ones that taste like fake additives before buying!

Only in the warmer months.

I’m feeling good about what I ordered. Fingers crossed!

Mmmm, you can really taste the goat.

2 Likes

Burrata

1 Like

Don’t keep us waiting!!!

1 Like

It arrived an hour ago. I am currently enjoying on some fruit. Need to go to the grocery store later and will pick up some various cheeses. The goat cheese I have is an herb flavored one, I don’t know that it would complement.

Oh, and it’s very delicious. Using the “cheaper” of the three on the fruit.

3 Likes

Only the best here.

2 Likes

Tried with goat cheese, very delicious.

Tried with strawberries, very delicious.

Bought some burrata, will try that next.

Haven’t gotten vanilla ice cream yet.

2 Likes

Burrata with blistered cherry tomatoes on the menu tonight.

3 Likes

I tried some on a few cheeses we had laying around the house. It’s pretty legit.

A caprese salad feels like where I’d like to dig in here.

2 Likes

:heart:

How was it?

Excellent. Might add some fresh basil next time (only had dried last night).

Reminiscent of a flatbread recipe I used to make, when I ate bread. Naan with mozzarella cheese, toasted, topped with hot blistered tomatoes, balsamic, and avocado. Great party appetizer.

1 Like

Had a caprese salad tonight. I’m pretty impressed. If I could nitpick, the acidity is just a bit high and it’s not quite balanced by the sweetness. Still really good, and what the hell do I know about vinegar?

1 Like

All 200 mL of that balsamic vinegar has been consumed. Only took a month and a half, and that was me pacing myself!!

I will be ordering some more, it was very very tasty.

Related, a buddy from Tunisia gave me a bottle of cold pressed olive oil from Tunisia. Told me it’s the best olive oil ever. I’ve no way to verify the claim.

I gave him some moose liver. Unclear who got the best deal.

goose liver would be better