Are You Pressworthy?

It says if I was a 22 year old white female living in Nevada, I would be getting great coverage with my disappearance. Alas, I only get 16 (11 local, 5 national) stories.

Lol, he’s older than me, and likely just as white as me, so he probably just has more news outlets in his city/state.

Also, had there been a question about profession I think we’d all go to 0.

1 Like

actuary? I think your nine is upside down

It looks like they probably scraped data from articles, so it’s quite important to say, “missing white woman” or whatever descriptor in case they’re found. Less important to say, “a rich person.”

Though I’m sure you’re right that Michelle Obama would get more coverage than an average young white woman.

9/4 personally. Feels high!

1 Like

I tried an 8 year old white girl in Sacramento, only got 11/6. Nowhere to specify she was blonde though. You must be special!

for a 24 yo white gril from Bozeman, MT got a 91 (61 / 30)

btw L = 2 * N (+ or - 1)

News: Middle aged man goes missing

World: Who gives a s*** ?

11/5 virtual nobody here.

Other Middle aged men: Good for him!

3 Likes

The calculator doesn’t work in Canada so I’ve got no numbers.
But, I’ve already received a ton of press. I’ve been in multiple national daily newspapers. Been on pretty much every financial blog in Canada. Quoted in magazines. Been on TV and Radio. Thanked in the forward of a number of books. All for insurance reasons, so nothing nefarious.

The only time I was nervous was for TV. So I called a buddy who’s in the TV business. His advice? “Comb your hair, and don’t show up too drunk.”.

1 Like

I’m about 190 pounds, someone might feel worthy of pressing me for a few reps

Lol. This reminds me. I’m thanked in the front of an actuarial exam study manual for an exam I never passed.

3 Likes

No one worries about ironing before they visit me.

1 Like

Your icon weirds me out.

I’m perplexed as well. I do happen to live in a higher-income area where things don’t happen too often, so when they do, it would be bigger news.

I did recently get an unattributed quote in a follow-up column for an column I commented on.
Of course, it isn’t the same as if there were a limited number of presses available due to them becoming discontinued by the maker. Not sure I’d be pressworthy then.

You sure added a new wrinkle to this thread, Iron Man

I feel like I should have gotten higher than a 21 or maybe I am old now.

Okay apparently age is irrelevant when a North Carolinian goes missing.