Anybody like ice fishing?

The spots around here are kinda slow so I don’t go as much anymore.

Ice fishing is stupid and ugly and also, it’s stupid. 6 hours, 5 people, 0 fish.

4 Likes

lol

compared to regular fishing? also 0 fish?

1 Like

:therethere:

You forgot 12 beers. Or whatever you choose to drink. There’s also just the time spent with friends talking about … whatever the hell you talk about when you’re ice fishing.

I always said to friends we could just sit in my unheated garage, pound beers, and pee outside instead of heading out onto the ice.

2 Likes

Pic of the haul last summer when I took 3 UWaterloo students fishing in my boat:

Pic of the fish and chips shore lunch from last Sunday when I took 4 Uwaterloo students ice fishing at the same location:

5 Likes

I hear fish under ice is tasty cuz of all the fat

Holy :poop:!!!

3 Likes

I saw this happen in Minnesota about 10 years ago. Guy had a 20 inch walleye on the line and went to net it as a 48 inch northern grabbed it. They were able to net both at the same. Cool to see it happen again

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 8.04.13 PM

I just started to organize a fishing trip up north (near Timmins) for the may 24 weekend. Gonna make it a four day trip (a day up, a day back, and two days fishing). We’ll camp in the bush on crown land.
I was supposed to do this last September, but we ended up with so many people that we needed 4 or 5 canoes and I had to leave the boat at home. So my fishing trip up north I’ve been wanting to do for 15 years turned into a student camping trip lol. I never even got my line wet. This time I told everyone, boat is coming AND I’m going fishing for most of the two days.
Full up so far, I’ve got three people coming - buddy from India, another south asian guy who’s from trinidad or something, and a canadian of afghan-polish descent. Figure that one out.
The polish guy, he had some username online that was a contraction of ‘chances’ but I’ve renamed him chickens lol.
Big bonus, where we’re going, I was told by a guy from there that on may 24 weekend the pickerel (walleye) are spawning and you can catch like 50 in a day.We are gonna slay it.
Pic of the polish guy with his first pickerel last year (lake erie).

I also tend to give these students food when I can, homemade stuff. I gave chickens some homemade pickles last year, and he took the time to send me a couple of texts about how much he enjoyed them. That’s damn nice, when kids that age take the time to be appreciative. I’ve got a lot of canning planned this year (beans, dill pickles, beets, peaches and pears at a minimum) and I’ll be having him over for that as well.

1 Like

Some pics of that camping trip last fall, same place we’re going fishing on may 24.

1 Like

Those pictures don’t look like ice fishing to me.

Better?

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CponFqluy18/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoRKOprujKX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link