Another vaccine mandate poll: what would you do?

I’d call that a “no” answer.

Forgot about this nuance. I voted yes, but if all my employees were fully remote, I wouldn’t mandate the vaccine.

2 Likes

I answered “it depends” based on the first half of my statement on conditions that would want me to require it. Agree that part is a no

1 Like

Three of your options start with “It depends …” Any answer other than an absolute “Yes” or an absolute “No” is going to be a small subset of one of your options.

Not planning on voting in the poll . . . but here are a few things I’d take into consideration:

• Can (all of) my employees effectively social distance for the majority of their activities?
  • Would masking be a viable option/alternative?
  • How many of my employees are in the “high risk of hospitalization” category from COVID?
  • Can my employees do their work remotely? What are my additional costs (as a business) to enable remote work (assuming that I’ve already borne much of the costs from 2020 shutdown)?
  • Can I implement a process by which coworkers cannot “infer” with accuracy a coworker’s vaccination status?
1 Like

What’s our limit on poll options? You may exhaust it just trying to get all the nuances in and avoid any gray area.

Screw that. You’ve got better things to do. Put a few options up, explain what each means like twig did, anyone who’s not happy can start their own poll and face the same crticisms.

1 Like

I don’t know.

That’s my plan. But I hope to hit all the main points.

And it seems like the clock starts the moment you click on the setting to set up the poll. Such that, unless you are Speedy Gonzales at creating polls, most likely by the time you are done typing and hit submit… it is probably already too late to make changes.

I discovered this the hard way. Oh well.

1 Like

That’s an interesting one. As mentioned above, I am working (very part time) in a situation where I would have quit if I didn’t know that all the people I am interacting with are vaccinated. Well, I guess I don’t know that for certain, because this employer does allow certain exemptions. But they are extremely rare.

New Poll, new thread.