Annoyed Thoughts

Or go home.

5 Likes

When you get home after a way too long day of work only to discover that not only are the trash can & recycle bin both OPEN in the rain… but the trash company neglected to get them completely empty, so now there is waterlogged trash/recycling and several inches of water in each.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

:iat :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Lost power at the house. I was just getting ready to leave but I wanted to make myself some coffee and now I don’t want to open the fridge…,

1 Like

My entire city’s Reddit is going off about a new Dunkin Donuts going in at the end of my street. People who don’t even live here are bitching loudly about it. I’m looking forward to it, having an iced coffee option to pick up in the walk to school.

People are the worst.

2 Likes

Twice today someone pulled into our driveway and rang our doorbell with a food delivery. It happened once yesterday. Our house number is clearly posted on the mailbox post, and we didn’t order anything.

WTF. I wonder if one of the shitty food delivery services made a map update that is screwed up. Even if they did, what happened to looking for house numbers?

A friend lived in a building where a Chinese restaurant wanted to go. Half the building was up in arms and tried to block it. They failed. Which is good, because it’s a really excellent Chinese restaurant.

1 Like

I have a dunkin at the nearest major intersection from my house. I think its generally a welcome addition. I rarely go there, because I like coffee the way I make it and I don’t go for donuts often.

1 Like

I can understand not wanting to live in a building with a Chinese restaurant. Or any restaurant. Restaurants are smelly, even if you like the food.

That seems pretty different from not wanting a Dunkin’ Donuts at the end of the street. Although even then I can understand being concerned about traffic and/or impact to property values.

Has the food already been paid for?

1 Like

I imagine i could have poached the neighbors food

There’s an empty lot on the main road by our neighborhood. Someone wants to put somethingthere - a carwash I think. The issue is - there is no way to turn left from that lot onto the main road, and you’d have to go through 3 lights before finding a place that allows a u-turn. So, anyone wanting to exit to the left will end up going through the neighborhood. Nobody would be coming near my house, but still.

Also - I would be willing to bet that the carwash would fail - it’s a really terrible location. Then we get to have either a derelict building or an endless chain of failing businesses. I don’t want either of those things on the outskirts of the neighborhood.

1 Like

Another valid reason to not want a business moving in, IMO.

I was eating a raspberry custard danish when some of the custard schopped on my pants. :angry:

@SpaceLobster : Loaf of bread starts at $6.25 at Cobs!!! :scream:

I admit I’m out of touch with the prices of groceries though.
But I’m pretty clear groceries are on the rise substantially. A few years ago I would wait until pork was on sale at $.99 per pound to make sausage. Now I’m waiting for it to go on sale at 1.70 on sale.
70% jump on the sale price in 3-4 years. Unbelievable.

Still pretty cheap to make your own sausage though. Even with casings and spices it’s gonna be like just over $2/lb (ignores the hundreds of dollars of equipment I bought).

Bruh, I burn through 10 kilo bags of flour like nobody’s bidness… bruh!!! :+1:

I buy good European rye at my local family run delis!!! And they make their own sausages tooooooooo!!! :+1: :hotdog: :meat_on_bone: :bacon: :yum:

Food inflation in the UK is currently 18%

Shrinkflation is everywhere now. Instead of 4 units of 100g, they give you 4 units of 75g…but same price. 33% inflation right there (fixed).

Worst part is that they are doing this and increasing their profit margins at the same time.

Its annoying because you are paying much more for even lower quality (they also mess the composition and ingredients to boost their margins).

(33%)

3 Likes

Yes. Thats correct. Innumeracy thread right there.

1 Like

Around the time of 12’s birthday, I was thinking about redoing her room. It’s white/pink/purple/blue at the moment and she’s more of a black person (but NOT emo, she says). So I did a PowerPoint of a black and white theme and checked with the husband, who agreed we should let her give us input on this, as opposed to just surprising her with it. The following was her input…

(1) Requested I paint her closet black, hang up some lights, and let her use it as some sort of hide-out.
(2) She vetoed the black and white striped wall (because it was too black) in favor of an entirely black wall with “a random pattern of… stickers” instead of anything like stripes or polka dots. When I asked her what these “stickers” might look like she suggested smiley faces as an example.
(3) Her favorite colors outside of black are apparently muted green… and pink (because they look good with black).
(4) She was most excited about getting a new bed (because hers is “squeaky”)… which is one of the only things I was not planning on changing.

I have ragrets.

4 Likes